Send Topic Print
i need help!!! lol (Read 84 times)
desantam
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

i need help!!! lol
12/07/08 at 21:45:06

ok so i bought a 1986 suzuki savage from a guy on craigslist.
when i bought it he told me that the only thing thats wrong with it was that the blinkers didnt work. when you turned on the blinkers they didnt do anything, so i bought a new blinker relay box and replaced the old one and it ended up just turning on the blinker lights but they dont blink, they just stay steady on. so tonight i went in and pulled the tank off and started checking the wiring and the switch and couldnt find anything wrong, so now im at a lost on what it could be, does anyone have an idea what could be causeing the blinkers not to work properly?
also after i put everything back together tonight i went to start the bike, and guess what? yeah thats right it doesnt start. i didnt change any of the settings on the bike, it sounds like she isnt getting fuel or like the sparkplug isnt sparking the fuel. so anymore suggestions on what i did or could do to fix my bike?

thanks michael

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: i need help!!! lol
Reply #1 - 12/07/08 at 23:14:51

Boy, do you need help....Starting problem must be related...some kind of short or something.  I'm not great with those, just watch out for smoke...That's bad...very bad....I've been there.  
I know....
Help is coming, good helpful people here.  Hope you enjoy the bike once things get straightened out, and they will.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 12/07/08 at 23:46:23

I'd take the tank back off and check the wiring.
Sometimes you can disconnect one of the connectors in the process of getting the tank on or off.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 12/07/08 at 23:52:45

The front turn signalsAre always on,The rear are brake lightsand turn signals.
So, can you get a lens off the front without tearing it up? I didnt see how to do it & fought it & cracked a lens the first time,Gotta pull the screw then rotate the lens IIRC. Force isnt needed. If you are needing to use force, you are doing something wrong.
Once the lens is off, you can see if the other filament light when you hit the turn signal. IF there is the second filament burning & the blinker doesnt "Click" & make the light blink, then either its the wrong or a bad flasher, or the lamp is getting lit from a wire that doesnt go thru that flasher, or the bulb is so low current that it wont make the flasher work.

Hmm, Now this is where I get confused, seems LED lights make flashers run faster?
You have a volt/ohm meter? You might as well get one if you dont. Harbor freight has a real cheap one that works just fine. I dropped about $4.00 & got one, even tho I have one from Radio Shack I gave over $80.00 for about 15 years ago. Its nice having one I dont feel obligated to be real careful with.
Hope this helps, I doubt we just fixed your problem. Others will come along & add to this & youll have more clues & itll get fixed..
Enjoy!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #4 - 12/08/08 at 00:04:44

A   CHECK FUSE
B    REMOVE LIGHTS
C    DEPENDS ON WHAT STATE MAY NOT BE REQUIRED

everything has a start and a finish point   start a fuse.  black with whiteline  ground.   alway ground,to bare metal when possible

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:28:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › i need help!!! lol

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.