Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 91
Send Topic Print
2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip (Read 17784 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: This Year's Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #840 - 05/17/10 at 07:12:00

DE ODDS

+5 for good intentions

-3 for being inside 20 days trying to put the bike together for the first time
(it is always Rex's first time together in any particular configuration -- you did catch Lancer's comment about "aligning the rotors to the calipers so they actually work" didn't you?

-1 for getting distracted by GF's and grandkids  
(fer losing all his awshit response time -- see -1 listed above and -1s listed below)

-1 for residual damage left from last year's squeal out (never heard a root cause for that nor the corrective actions taken to keep it from doing it again)

-2 for the historical creation of new issues coming up due to yet MORE NEW STUFF (example, did that head gasket actually fit that huge new bore, or did you have a metal lip hanging out into the jug "out in the air" with the crinkle pressure hump right at the edge of the new 97mm bore?)

.....   remember, it is a HIGH COMPRESSION 12:1 piston you are using now, do you have a high compression head gasket to go with it, or are you jest using a slightly mis-fitted 7.5:1 Suzuki stock head gasket?  

<stage 2 cam vs 12:1 piston vs valve float at high rpms?>

BTW, good point about the starter motor and battery power  -- you may need to bump start her in 4th gear.

-1 for untested fer the mountains running gear (I'm with Verslagen, those duallys with multiple pucks per disk hooked up to ???which??? master cylinder may result in unpredictably strong front wheel braking response = ??? instant lowside potential ??? up in the twisties)

(betcha he can do him a hellacious wicked stoppie though)

+2 because he's pissed now -- that cranky b*tch is gonna get slapped into shape no matter what she comes up with.

+1 the crow factor -- reward for success includes watching us chew stringy sour crow meat and spit out them black feathers.

Grin   Grin

DE ODDS is offically "neutral" at this point in time, but she ain't fired up yet so any of the negatives could pick up a few points as soon as he hits the starter button.

In any case, his ultimate fall back bike is up running good up in Fayetteville, NC so he's got no excuse not to come -- drive on up, dump the car,  tranfer his stuff to the big bags on the XV535 and RIDE !!!

« Last Edit: 05/20/10 at 11:52:04 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #841 - 05/17/10 at 07:45:53

ALfromN.H.  FSO wrote on 05/17/10 at 06:05:18:
Hey Kel, when you get there, reserve a Tee-time for me at the deals gap motorcycle resort and golf club. I'll meet you in the clubhouse.

AL

Sure... you want to Shoot a 9 Hole or 18 Hole
Don't forget your Swimmin trunks for the creek/ jaquzzi
and I'll reserve our table by the window with somthin chillin and a can of Beenieweenies Grin

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #842 - 05/17/10 at 07:51:29

I'm packing me an over/under Benelli 20 gage skeet gun 'cause that 4 station double pass action skeet range they got set up in back of the tennis courts shure looked mighty appealing to me ....

Plus both my fly rods fer some mountain trout fishin' and my elbow, belly and knee skates for doing the Downhill Dragon flat style ...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #843 - 05/17/10 at 09:19:31

looks like I am out
my daughter's softball team will be having a tourney
maybe a fall run will be in order...

IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #844 - 05/17/10 at 11:42:30

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/17/10 at 07:51:29:

I'm packing me an over/under Benelli 20 gage skeet gun 'cause that 4 station double pass action skeet range they got set up in back of the tennis courts shure looked mighty appealing to me ....

Plus both my fly rods fer some mountain trout fishin' and my elbow, belly and knee skates for doing the Downhill Dragon flat style ...

Has Any one ever done the dragon on one of those Luge (sp) things?

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #845 - 05/17/10 at 12:06:17

MMRanch, Yep! I'm planning on leaving Missouri Wed. Morning and stopping somewhere east of Nashville for the night. Coming straight down 24 Thursday for the last - what 175-200 miles of the trip and camping at the illustrious 5 star campground. Hope they have left handed, pre-bent clubs at that golf course, I couldn't figure out how to get mine on the bike. Dunno about the jacuzzi, last time I put a pair of trunks on and took off my shirt, the nieghbor lady started throwing rocks!   Shocked

« Last Edit: 05/20/10 at 04:41:40 by Southpaw »  

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #846 - 05/17/10 at 12:20:16

Southpaw wrote on 05/17/10 at 12:06:17:
MMRanch, Yep! I'm planning on leaving Missouri Wed. Morning and stopping somewhere east of Nashville for the night. Coming straight down 27 Thursday for the last - what 175-200 miles of the trip and camping at the illustrious 5 star campground. Hope they have left handed, pre-bent clubs at that golf course, I couldn't figure out how to get mine on the bike. Dunno about the jacuzzi, last time I put a pair of trunks on and took off my shirt, the nieghbor lady started throwing rocks!   Shocked

Don't worry You can use mine. they are in the shape of ? mark. trees will do that to them..... they are fine tuned I can make it around any dogleg you want.  Cool
Just don't ask me to hit it streight

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #847 - 05/17/10 at 14:22:30

No luge skate thingies, the turns on the Dragon are too sharp and the Hurleys kept running them over swinging out from the other lane.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #848 - 05/18/10 at 08:01:43

I propose that we have a party on Saturday, June 26th

And that we invite the entire list ....

Theme for the party will be the INCREDIBLE REX

we will either celebrate him

.....  or bury him

(depending on if he is there or not)

We will commission a headstone for if he is not ....

..... and a banner for if he is .....

and have a killer party either way

and all the girls can either recline all over him while we take pics

or weep in his memory and say sad poems

depending on how it goes

Tombstone has been written, printed, laminated to plywood and is

ALL READY TO GO

Banner is awaiting for further inspiration

as  "GO REX" seems kinda lame to me

and we can do better than that

surely

Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #849 - 05/18/10 at 17:57:01

!!! REX  is not dead !!!

??????????

Naaaa  to easy /

It was  "M.J." that was not Dead!

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #850 - 05/18/10 at 18:10:42

Southpaw

I was checking to see if I might meet ya on Hwy 27 out of nashville...well what I found is 27 comes down east TN and is a long way east of Nashville but I can see how it could work for ya.

Nashville is about 1.5 hrs north of my place, but then Chattonoga is the easist route.

Only about a Month to go !!

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #851 - 05/19/10 at 17:38:49

I sometimes catch myself thinking of Rex as an assortment of various parts, whole boxes of parts and a frame that gets put together occasionally (always in a new different configuration) kinda like Frankenstein's Monster on velcro, then reality sets in and immediately tears it apart yet again and it goes back into the boxes until next time.

The good news is that he/she/it is constantly improved each time it goes together .... les tres bon parts, toujours le bon parts l'improve toujours.

(that was your cultural interlude for this evening)

Soon Lancer will have him a spare running frame and several motors containing at least 3 different power mod systems all of which are called "REX" and then it will get really confusing.

Grin

« Last Edit: 05/20/10 at 11:54:27 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #852 - 05/19/10 at 17:55:02

I hope he gets his new girl friend to help with the wiring.
Last time he couldn't figure out why the house lights would go out when ever he flipped it to run.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #853 - 05/20/10 at 04:53:22

MMRanch - My mistake, meant to type Hwy 24. Appears to be a straight shot from Nashville to Chattanooga. I could probably meet you anywhere along the way.

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #854 - 05/20/10 at 07:20:19

Southpaw

Hy 24 is interstate direct shot from nashville to chattanoga

I live on Hwy 129,(middle TN) ---- "Dragon's on Hwy 129,(east TN)"
At Murfreesboro pick-up hwy 231 south , left turn on Hwy 129 , right turn to MM Ranch rd (my driveway) ,
Then
Hwy 129 to Lynchburg and Hwy 50 to Winchster ,  Hwy 41A back to I-24 and on to chattonga.
You interested in Hambuger off the grill middle of the day (+/-) Thursday ?
check you map and let me know.

OR

It may be to early in the day for lunch so just as easy.     I can meet you at Moneagle on I-24  its about 1.5 hrs.  south of Nashville  ----- There is Gas and Food at that exit.  I can hang out at the McDonalds for a bit and bite till you get there.  I'll bet ours would be the only two Savages in the parking lot.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 91
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:24:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.