Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 91
Send Topic Print
2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip (Read 17784 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: This Year's Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #810 - 05/12/10 at 05:12:17

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/12/10 at 02:29:30:
Wait until it fires up, runs right and still keeps its lunch down ....

That bike is an experiment built on top of old experiments, very little of it is stock any more (been mod food for several generations of changes over the years).

Why should it be expected to be trouble or flaw free when it comes together for yet another run at the mountains?

Lancer will likely get it running good in SC then have to spend a bit of time at Toymakers tweeking & tuning due to altitude and whatever new knowledge is gained on the way up.

Then we are all gonna line up with a camera going and let Lancer whup up on us for the record.Grin      ptb ... <hissssssssss>

Wow, you fertile mind is just full of all sorts of thing this morning !

Yep, one thing at a time.  Start first, then run.
Unless I screwed something up it should be breathing fire today.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #811 - 05/12/10 at 05:37:11

LANCER wrote on 05/12/10 at 05:12:17:
Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/12/10 at 02:29:30:
Wait until it fires up, runs right and still keeps its lunch down ....

That bike is an experiment built on top of old experiments, very little of it is stock any more (been mod food for several generations of changes over the years).

Why should it be expected to be trouble or flaw free when it comes together for yet another run at the mountains?

Lancer will likely get it running good in SC then have to spend a bit of time at Toymakers tweeking & tuning due to altitude and whatever new knowledge is gained on the way up.

Then we are all gonna line up with a camera going and let Lancer whup up on us for the record.Grin      ptb ... <hissssssssss>

Wow, you fertile mind is just full of all sorts of thing this morning !

Yep, one thing at a time.  Start first, then run.
Unless I screwed something up it should be breathing fire today.

Grin

then pt2ndb ... <HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS>

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #812 - 05/12/10 at 08:49:56

Hey MMRanch, what day are you thinking of going out, and what route? I figure I'll make somewhere just past Nashville Wednesday and the rest of the trip Thursday. I've got the choice of going 40 east and dropping south or 27 southeast to Chattanooga then 64/74. Any suggestions between routes? Starting to get the itch to get going!!!

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #813 - 05/12/10 at 08:59:48

Thinking about it, riding out with all these grizzled modified bikes might be a bad influence on my sissy white bike. Next thing you know she'll be saying "shucks" and "darn" and coming home with a new tattoo or something! What would the neighbors think???  Roll Eyes

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #814 - 05/12/10 at 12:16:18

Southpaw wrote on 05/12/10 at 08:59:48:
Thinking about it, riding out with all these grizzled modified bikes might be a bad influence on my sissy white bike. Next thing you know she'll be saying "shucks" and "darn" and coming home with a new tattoo or something! What would the neighbors think???  Roll Eyes

AWWW Shucks.... I'll be gettin to the campground/ resort on Wendsday some time around noon...... I should have the beer on Ice by then.

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #815 - 05/12/10 at 12:22:32

Southpaw, mine can pass for stock   (nothing much shows at all).  

It is all well mannered and gentille actin' too ....

Now, Lancer's bikes might turn your white bike a shade or two but my Silver Surfer won't bother it a bit.

Wink

then punch both buttons at the same time    HZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ -- BAM !!!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #816 - 05/12/10 at 12:39:10

Southpaw....
Mine is mostly stock but it will Haul a big load on the truck bed i built

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #817 - 05/12/10 at 22:47:40

Hi Southpaw

Goiing through Chattanoga is as close to a strait shot as I can get.  If I can break away Thursday maby I could put us some Beef on the grill for lunch just to break-up the ride for ya a bit.

I rode mine to Nashville today and it ran Great ... But it only got 42 mpg.  Late last summer it was doing close to 60 mpg .... (59.5 just wouldn't make it to 60).  

I'm looking on E-Bay now for another Carb.  But If I had to leave today it would be get fuel ever 70 to 80 miles.

AnyBody got any ideas what makes a carb. act that way  "Please pass the Ideas along"   I'm thing of doing away with the CV type and going for a direct slide.  I did find a company that has manifolds ($30) to fit anything from 30 mm to 50 mm to our bikes and that's a perty wide spread.   But fixing the original is still the easy fix.   Yea I'm not sure what to do with it.   Its late night now I'll take it off in the morning and do some mesuring and maby some biding tomorrow.  I suppect the throdle cable woin't work with a direct slide with out modifing it.   ???????????

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #818 - 05/13/10 at 09:51:31

who is gonna be there wendsday?

MMRanch are you tenting with me?

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #819 - 05/13/10 at 10:43:30

As it looks right now, I'll be getting in sometime on wed afternoon but I'll be in the luxury suite with the rest of the high class people. Grin

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #820 - 05/13/10 at 14:07:53

Reply #805 -LANCER-  05/11/10 at 14:22:29  Quote

GETTING CLOSE...WILL TRY TO FIRE TOMORROW

All quiet here in the trenches on the Western front  ....

.... been quiet for a couple of days now

Cap'n .... its the waiting

.... its the waiting that drives you crazy !!!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Bigzuk

Kodak Tn
Reply #821 - 05/13/10 at 14:57:19

ALfromN.H.  FSO wrote on 05/13/10 at 10:43:30:
As it looks right now, I'll be getting in sometime on wed afternoon but I'll be in the luxury suite with the rest of the high class people. Grin

AL

Kel,
You still have "friends in low places" (camping), I can meet you Wed. I think my Son will be with me, now that he has a girlfriend his bike and the old man have to take a back seat, so not sure about him. Whin I was 17 I would have been rideing the girlfriend on the bike too and see you later Dad. Grin
Bigzuk

Love my Savage !
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #822 - 05/14/10 at 08:51:30

Bit of a setback as posted in the general cafe regarding my brother's health. I seriously doubt his timetable is accellerated enough to interfere with this trip and he doesn't want me to cancel it if there's nothing to do but sit around and wait! I won't be on this site much for a week or two due to work issues and having to replicate blood tests etc. but unless you hear otherwise, plan on me still going! Keep the faith! By the time this is here I will be SO ready for a riding vacation!!!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #823 - 05/14/10 at 19:46:29

I'm still not sure what day I can get away .  

Kelly I hope to tent with ya or at least up there by the creek .   If anybody needs a tent I have several.   Not sure if that BlueRidge brother is comming  yet, the week before we leave I'll  get a "For Sure or Not, from him"

I  have been expermenting on my carb.  The thought occured to me "What / How does that enricher thing work"  Well,  I took it off with the motor running  and  the thing ran BETTER .!!!!!    I put it back together without the diafram or spring in it.   It was running way rich to begin with  and now is has a softer/mellower note to it (runs just fine).  Doin't know what the MPG is now but it can't be any worse !

I'm still in the market for a Non-CV type carb , been looking at the 38mm Mikuni's  they seem to be popular and plentifull. (e-bays full of them).   Anybody know what Throddle cable works with the Mikuni's  and the Savage ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #824 - 05/15/10 at 10:29:03

Are you campers planning on camping at Deal's Gap Resort?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 91
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:17:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.