Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 91
Send Topic Print
2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip (Read 17784 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: 2009 Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #510 - 06/19/09 at 08:07:26

Me too, both cases.  

Here is the long term 10 day weather forecast -- now don't get too all fired enthused about it and forget to pack your rain gear.  

Please DO PACK YOUR RAIN GEAR (we have never failed to get at least one shower no matter how dry the forcast was) and we have "mostly cloudy" predicted for Saturday.

This forecast will change 3 times during the next week, so we will keep you appraised.  If you use the link, remember to keep hitting F9 after it loads to force a refresh or you will be looking at your web browser's page memory instead of the active changing forcast.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/tenday/28771?from=36hr_top...

======================

REQUEST

We are looking a spare extra unplanned to be used double or queen sized inflate-a-bed and an electric inflater whazzit to provide Ja01 and Miss a place to sleep inside away from the bugs up at the Gap Hotel apartment.  

Irregardless, who is already bringing an inflater?   That would be plumb useful for air beds and air mattresses in general no matter what.

I have a feeling any spare inflatables of any sort will likely get used, so I am bringing both my fabric air mattresses on that assumption.  They's small sleeping bag sized things, but very appreciated by somebody trying to sleep on the hard linoleum floor.

What 'cha got for sleep on it inflatables, boys and girls?

I bet we hear us some trash about somebody's favorite blow up dolly girl, I betcha.    

Youse guys is so predictable .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #511 - 06/19/09 at 09:10:58

I betcha think this weather is some natural fee nom men na?

I told you I was bringing sunshine in my pocket and the weather men know it.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #512 - 06/19/09 at 09:59:15

"Diamond Jim, where again are you and Kel going to be staying Friday night?"

We will be at the Gap resort in Tents Friday night
And tents if need be on Saturday Night

Kel

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #513 - 06/19/09 at 11:17:23

I think we have a surprising total amount of beds, futons and low cost indoor floor sleeping space already rented once we rally up our various inflatable sleeping support stocks.

Already rented and committed to (pre-paid) amongst the entire group so far:

1 double bed
6 bunk beds
3 futon beds

That's 10 furniture type sleeping accommodations that can sleep 11 people if we maximize the double bed by putting a married couple on it, or 10 people if we don't.

Inflatable stocks so far:

2 fabric air mattresses (Oldfeller)
Twin inflateable bed (AlfromNH)
Rechargeable inflator (AlfromNH)

Looking for some double and/or queen inflatables as well
(awaiting responses from the crew as to what they already own and can bring)

So we are already sitting on just about enough inside accommodations to sleep everybody inside should the weather get really nasty.

Outside of that (and the weather is supposed to be good) we have folks who will already have some tents already set up that we could perhaps add some late comers to if needed.

Right now we have 13 people theoretically possibly coming ... with enough sleeping stuff already on deck to handle the lot of them.

===============

Clarifications:  

Ja01 and Miss live very close to Toymakers (Lenoir) and they plan to sleep at home Friday night and then meet us early squirrely Saturday morning for the ride up to the Gap.

Please check which group we think you are in (below) and correct any errors, please.

Friday/Saturday arrive separately at the Gap group
Kel30734
DiamondJim
Seviersavage
MMRanch ??
Bigzuk

Friday night sleepover & early AM Saturday ride up from Toymaker's
group
Toymaker
Lancer
Verslagen
Oldfeller
AlfromNH
Savagedml

Meet us early AM Saturday for the ride up from Toymaker's to the Gap
Ja01(Jason)
Ja01's Miss

Please check which group we think you are in (above) and correct any errors, please.

« Last Edit: 06/19/09 at 14:58:53 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #514 - 06/19/09 at 12:32:19

You have me in the right group. And I'll be bringing a twin sized air mattress and a rechargable inflator. Also in the truck will be one hard plastic cooler (about 30 can capacity) and one smaller cooler that will hold a little less. Anything alse you think i should bring? Let me know. Times getting short and I'm getting fired up about the trip south

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Bigzuk

Kodak Tn
Reply #515 - 06/19/09 at 14:33:56

You have me in the correct list for Fri. & Sat. in the campground.
My plan is to pull out of Marshall NC early Fri. AM and take 2 -3 hrs. to get to the campground. I've got +/- 100 miles of GREAT mountain roads from here to there.
I will be self contained, tent, sleeping, simple meals ------ I JUST WANT TO RIDE!!!!!  Grin Grin

Bigzuk Smiley

Love my Savage !
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #516 - 06/19/09 at 14:53:31

And ride we all shall -- in proper rubber side up style too !!  

And we will all eat, drink and make merry together as well.

If MMRanch will ring in everyone will be all accounted for and there is enough food, sleeping stuff and space to sleep everybody all planned out as well.

Mary Poppins is now satisfied that all the chiluns is taken care of, so she folds up her umbrella, hangs it on her arm and sits gracefully, sipping genteelly on her cup of hot tea ...  

"Very Good" sez she.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #517 - 06/19/09 at 15:49:00

So Yall think 10lb of cowbuger will be enough? I got more if needed

Kel

PS.
Talked with MMRanch...... he will be joining us at the gap on friday

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #518 - 06/19/09 at 17:50:37

For those of you that are spending the night at Toymaker's Resort and Waterpark, Mrs. T has JUST told me that she doesn't have linens for everyone.  So she has requested folks bring sleeping bags.  I hope that won't cause problems, especially for Verslagen and Lancer.  I know AlfromNH will have his.

Thanks

Toymaker Smiley

Because I can!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #519 - 06/19/09 at 18:22:08

We should have bags available at this location, but will check to be sure.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #520 - 06/19/09 at 18:35:13

I am bringing a bag, a pillow and two air mattresses.  

.... and so it goes into the good evening of the T minus 6th day of the count down to the Dragon Run.

=========

Next week this time we will have our Dragon Lady shirts on, be a yukking & yakking together, some of us will be messing 'round a camp fire, some of us will be splashing in a swimming pool and bashing some balls together on a pool table.  

By this time next week there will have already been hundreds of miles ridden and some tall stories already a'growing about the '09 Dragon Run.

Yeeeehaw!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #521 - 06/20/09 at 03:52:36

I have a new helmet mounted camera on order, which is due for delivery on Tues., to document the infamous goings-on of this years mountain gathering.   Cool

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #522 - 06/20/09 at 04:32:41

This means you have to ride at the back of the pack, you know that don't you?   Camera man has to be at the back of the pack to catch all the crashes.

Or did you just plan to film from the front, documenting all the Lady Godivas with the long flowing blonde hair waving in the wind?

Me, I thought you'd finally get your Maw Duce mounted up on Rex's handlebars so you could get those poky ol' Volkswagens out of the way and "clear the path" for us so we could roll on, roll on.  

Or the mini-gun or the hip mortar or the flame thrower, whichever you preferred.  

Any of them would work OK to do the job.

<grin>

===============

Got us a weatherman to weatherman predictive disagreement going on on the Gap forecast for next weekend.

(nothing new here -- predicting mountain weather even 24 hours out is notoriously unreliable at best).  

Bring your rain gear no matter who you believe.

http://mobile.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?brand=mobile&q...

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/tenday/28771?from=36hr_top...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #523 - 06/20/09 at 04:48:23

Hey Oldfeller, you missing somethin?  I found your fancy camera mount from last year in my shop...you want me to hold on to it?????

T

Because I can!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #524 - 06/20/09 at 04:55:19

I'll bring the camera and you can strap the foam block arrangement around your headlight assembly -- its generic so it will fit.  

Now that puts Lancer behind you so he can film you going down while you are trying to film the guy in front of you going down.

(I really wanted a shot of Lancer last year snapping still pics of Lady Godiva, riding one handed while he did it.)

Hey, I brought enough replacement foot pegs to cover some filming action.   We'll have a vacuum cleaner in the truck to suck up all the oil and road splatter and a broom to sweep up all the plastic pieces we had to leave behind on the road last time.

And a rake and a shovel to repair the big divots in the dirt embankments, too .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 91
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 01:41:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.