Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 91
Send Topic Print
2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip (Read 17784 times)
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Re: 2009 Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #330 - 05/06/09 at 05:09:43

ALfromN.H.  FSO wrote on 05/01/09 at 15:31:51:
Well, it's May 1st. I can finally say "TAIL OF THE DRAGON NEXT MONTH"!!!

What are the dates for the Dragon?  I read through some posts and saw June 27-July 4.  Is this correct? I just learned I'm gonna have some time off during the summer here and there and I just might be able to join you guys after all.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #331 - 05/06/09 at 08:42:23

We will meet at Toymaker's place in Granite Falls NC on June 26th, ride up to the Dragon on June 27th, screw around all day up in the mountains, spend the night at The Gap Inn sleeping in an apartment we have reserved, ride back to Toymaker's place on Sunday June 28th and then disperse, spend the night or whatever makes sense to each of us.

Now me, I have been fired, put on probation, taken off probation, complemented for my improve performance and then fired again just like 2 hours ago.  I am down right confused at the moment, so don't pay a lot of attention to me as I don't know what I am (other than feeling somewhat abused and screwed).

===========

Serenity is a list member who is giving me a dead motor to play with, I am driving up to pick the motor up which is why I am driving instead of riding.  

I had planned to drive the chase truck anyway since you guys like to splat yourselves to the point it would be a good idea for me to be driving a borrowed truck around behind you guys so we have a pickup vehicle so (and we can carry food and drinks & stuff).

The brass pogo stick is my first pass at the hydraulic reverse stopped spring acutated full distance cam chain tensioner which will be trial fitted to Serenity's "piece of crap" motor that he is giving me.   Then I go to work on the final version of the permanent fix for the cam journal bearing oil failure tear up issue.

============

Hopefully by the time we go to the mountains I will have a line on whatever I am going to be doing next for a job.

Time to kick it into gear on the job looking thing again ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #332 - 05/08/09 at 06:18:03

What is the count of bodies for this trip...........
I'm going
Have rout to the toymaker lodge planed and suposed to meeting up with
MMRanch in Blue Rige, ga on the 26th of june.
and be in Granit Falls some time in the after noon.

Kel

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #333 - 05/08/09 at 06:28:32

Plese do a roll call....

Toymaker is coming... (I have to...I live here)

Because I can!
  IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #334 - 05/08/09 at 06:38:16

Kel

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #335 - 05/08/09 at 07:14:32

V1, tickets purchased, bike arranged.

WWW   IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #336 - 05/08/09 at 08:07:56

I have a bed reserved for friday night and a futon reserved for saturday night (i think)

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #337 - 05/08/09 at 08:30:44

... and a grassy embankment sat. morn   Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #338 - 05/08/09 at 10:38:46

AND watch out for the gunman on the grassy knoll!...oops...sorry...wrong conspiracy!!! Smiley

Because I can!
  IP Logged
WindInMyHair
Ex Member

Reply #339 - 05/08/09 at 10:53:56

I WANT to come but I can't   Sad
I guess we can't count "wish I was there's"  
I hope you all have a heck of a fantastic time !!!!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #340 - 05/08/09 at 11:31:10

You are confusing me -- am I supposed to bring an assault rifle to man the grassy knoll or is Lancer taking care of that with his Ma Duce from the helicopter?

I'm planning to come, am bringing a sleeping bag and air mattress as whatever plans we make somebody will likely wind up using it.

==============

My daughter gave me a sweet darling present today -- I was feeling low so she waited until my wife had left to drive to Raleigh then she called me around 9:00 am to say her car had overheated on the way in to work and could I please stop by at her parking lot at work and take a look at it.

Two things stick out here -- first, she had absolute faith I could diagnose and fix what was wrong with her car, whatever it was.  Second, she had absolute faith that I would come and do it without questioning the details too much.

My son-in-law is a banker -- he isn't very mechanically inclined.   He had replaced a top radiator hose fairly recently, hadn't checked the radiator itself for fluid level because the reservoir was full (he did top that off).  The radiator cap was shot and wouldn't pull a vacuum against the reservoir, so the radiator ran on a partial charge of fluid, losing some every day through the bad cap until she got a warning light and a overheat on the temperature gage.

I rode 140 miles round trip, put over a gallon of pre-mix into the radiator and replaced a totally shot radiator cap.  I gave her a kiss on top of her head when I gave her her keys back around 1:30 same morning and I left -- I dunno if she will even tell my son-in-law about it as it would just embarrass him.

I may suck at many things, but I have never sucked at being a father.  Good to be reminded of that -- I needed me a win right about now.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #341 - 05/08/09 at 13:25:56

Toymaker wrote on 05/08/09 at 10:38:46:
AND watch out for the gunman on the grassy knoll!...oops...sorry...wrong conspiracy!!! Smiley

That's not a gunman, it's a camera man, smile.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Tincanman
Serious Thumper

O~`o

Omaha, NE
Reply #342 - 05/09/09 at 09:59:36

WELL, Im not to sure how to feel about all this, I pushed for the dates to be set up for something I cant even join in on. DAMIT!!  but Im hoping to stop in and say hello as long as Im asured I wont be beaten to badly for getting things set up and cant play in. LOL !!! but Im sure a good time will be had by all....
Smiley

Are we gona ride? or just dic around all day?
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #343 - 05/10/09 at 06:50:42

Here is the brass pogo stick undergoing leak testing over time.

Although there will be a hose going to it to renew the oil content (and to allow automatic extension/retraction with temperature changes while putting zerp stress on the chain itself like the current cam chain tensioner system does) the brass pogo system cannot leak at the seal over time to any extensive degree or it won't work.   Leaks must be less than the make up system's total holding volume or air in system problems could develop.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #344 - 05/10/09 at 08:55:31

Dang, during the summer I'm working only 1 day per week at the college which will free me up for the Dragon. But I've got kids (divorced) May 29th-June 7th.  I'll be up there though at other points during the summer so if someone can't make this trip I'll join you for another date in June or July.  Just let me know.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 91
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 09:42:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.