Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 91
Send Topic Print
2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip (Read 17784 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: 2009 Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #30 - 12/02/08 at 19:06:58

LANCER wrote on 12/02/08 at 04:39:05:
verslagen1 wrote on 12/01/08 at 18:20:22:
If it were August   Cool
and I could rent/borrow a bike,   Huh
I could be convinced to fly out and join in on the fun.   Grin

If I can actually get some stuff done this year I could have 2 functional bikes, but I definitely need prayer support to do it.  
If I can get everything done, you are certainly welcome to ride one of them.

Michael

Thanks for the offer Lancer, but can't make July.
But I have 3 reasons not to go that weekend, my dad will be digging gold, my son will want to pan some too, and my daughter will be bored.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #31 - 12/03/08 at 05:27:31

verslagen1 wrote on 12/02/08 at 19:06:58:
LANCER wrote on 12/02/08 at 04:39:05:
verslagen1 wrote on 12/01/08 at 18:20:22:
If it were August   Cool
and I could rent/borrow a bike,   Huh
I could be convinced to fly out and join in on the fun.   Grin

If I can actually get some stuff done this year I could have 2 functional bikes, but I definitely need prayer support to do it.  
If I can get everything done, you are certainly welcome to ride one of them.

Michael

Thanks for the offer Lancer, but can't make July.
But I have 3 reasons not to go that weekend, my dad will be digging gold, my son will want to pan some too, and my daughter will be bored.

Perhaps a time in the future could be possible...it would be fun. Wink

IP Logged
Tincanman
Serious Thumper

O~`o

Omaha, NE
Reply #32 - 12/03/08 at 06:37:42

well my flight home is on the 4th. bummer but its a done dealo. but Im looking to rent a bike for 3 days. so if we hit one in there some place that would be good.

Are we gona ride? or just dic around all day?
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #33 - 12/03/08 at 11:47:30

Would it be helpful to roll the trip forward to assemble as early as Thursday, June 25th - ride in on Friday, June 26th (overnight on Friday) - return to Toymaker's on Saturday, June 27th - drive home on Sunday, June 28th?  

Or we could assemble on Saturday 27th, ride in on Sunday 28th (overnight) ride around on Monday 29th and get back to Toymaker's late Monday and travel home on Tuesday the 30th.  That would put us fancy free and Verslagen back on a plane by Monday/Tuesday June 29th/30th.

Actually we can roll dates fairly freely in that general area of time.

Somebody propose some alternate date options that don't conflict with some "slightly more important" wedding plans ....

Verslagen, how much buffer time do you need to fly home and get ready for the wedding WITHOUT getting your wife all bent out of shape?  What day would we have to have you back to an airport and plunked on an airplane to go home?  Also, please remember if we have a follow trailer in the group we could drop you at the Ashville airport (more flights) a whole day earlier and you wouldn't miss anything of terrible earthshaking consequence.

Tincanman, you have commitments to be in the general area that week but what day is the earliest you could meet us around the Deals Gap general area?  We are overnighting "somewhere in the area" but we could intentionally split the difference between where you are staying at Pidgeon Forge or wherever it is you are staying and the Dragon so that we would fall on the travel line you would be taking anyway.  Are the people you are with planning a Dragon excursion, and if so what day were they planning to hit the area?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #34 - 12/03/08 at 11:53:54

If only I could make it. But money, distance, and time off is a detriment. I would love to be able to do the Dragon with everyone.

Toymaker, I would definitely want a 2009 Dragon shirt, logo on the back please, same size as the last one.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #35 - 12/03/08 at 12:04:56

o'feller, you must be readin' between the lines.
When I said dad will be out digging gold, I didn't mean he's marrying a rich b!tch.  I meant he's got a shovel, and intends to use it (mostly by me) as I play step and fetch it.  If he could find a trail that's all downhill, he could take care of it himself.  But I haven't seen any escallators out there yet.
Last time he went up the hill, he blew out a front tire on his camper, changed it himself, why? I donno, he's got AAA.  Should've called them, went in the back and took a nap.  Any way showed up at the site, dead tired, luckily his club was there and made sure he was alright.  85 yo and still kicking it, you know the kinda cloth I'm talking about, your dad was made from it too.
Any way I digress, moving it up a bit helps but I still have children to take care before they go back to my X in august.
Waddin the wedding last year?  Tinman?

WWW   IP Logged
Tincanman
Serious Thumper

O~`o

Omaha, NE
Reply #36 - 12/03/08 at 12:50:22

well as I said I will be there some time (Im sure well after noon) on the 27th. Im purdy savvy with a map so finding things wont be a problem.  as for anyone being with me!! Im going to say NO. there MAY be a slight chance that they would follow us in the cager but I really dont think they would have any interest in that. so things would have to work well for me to hit Sunday 28th.    ie.. bike shop open either late Saturday or at all on Sunday.

« Last Edit: 12/05/08 at 06:48:31 by Tincanman »  

IP Logged
seviersavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Smoky Mountains Tennessee
Reply #37 - 12/03/08 at 16:34:39

When this thing gets dialed in I'll be making plans on joining to ride the dragon and meeting everyone. I live in the mountains not too far away, gatlinburg / pigeon forge area.
Seviersavage

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #38 - 12/03/08 at 17:36:18

Don't know if I can make this run, still working on getting the better half to get over the last dragon ride  Sad. I'll take a shirt with tire marks on the back if possible Wink.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #39 - 12/03/08 at 18:18:08

Ed L. wrote on 12/03/08 at 17:36:18:
Don't know if I can make this run, still working on getting the better half to get over the last dragon ride  Sad. I'll take a shirt with tire marks on the back if possible Wink.

LOL   Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  You're killing me dude !!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #40 - 12/03/08 at 19:04:43

Ed, I gots the perfect dodge for you.  Tell her that because of last time you have volunteered to drive the chase truck/trailer so's you can use your outstanding mechanical skills to help the other riders.  Prove it is real to her by leaving your bike at home (if necessary).

Drive up 95 to my place, load up enough bikes to meet whatever needs we have plus one for you then we tool on up to Toymakers.

We pick the slowest and most responsible person to go in the head of the line (that by definition excludes Lancer and I, BTW) and we make them swear on a stack of Bibles they will not go chasing Lady Godiva should she reappear.

Sounds better than your Grandfather's pocket knife again, huh?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #41 - 12/03/08 at 19:15:27

Great idea but I would want to ride there not tow this time. I'm lusting for that long piece of 321 which I found on the way up. It is one of those forgotten highways, four lanes, thru the woods and fields of South Carolina. Felt like I had stepped back in time, even in the cage it was still a motorcycle road. Got my mouth watering just thinking about it.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Tincanman
Serious Thumper

O~`o

Omaha, NE
Reply #42 - 12/03/08 at 19:19:11

321 is the road Im on when there.  SWEET.. were stayn at the Westgate resort  915 Garden road

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #43 - 12/03/08 at 19:54:59

Ed L. wrote on 12/03/08 at 19:15:27:
Great idea but I would want to ride there not tow this time. I'm lusting for that long piece of 321 which I found on the way up. It is one of those forgotten highways, four lanes, thru the woods and fields of South Carolina. Felt like I had stepped back in time, even in the cage it was still a motorcycle road. Got my mouth watering just thinking about it.

Hey, 321 goes right through Columbia  Cool

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #44 - 12/03/08 at 19:56:48

If I could I would load up the tent, sleeping gear and a few needed items and just disaf*ckingpear for a week or so and just ride. Seems my ol ball-n-chain has a different outlook on life so to keep the peace long road trips just arn't in the future for now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 91
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/17/24 at 03:51:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.