Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 91
Send Topic Print
2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip (Read 17784 times)
Tincanman
Serious Thumper

O~`o

Omaha, NE
Re: 2009 Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #225 - 02/22/09 at 07:44:58

well I just checked my flight times and theres NO WAY Im getting my bike untill Sunday 28th @ 9amish.  we land 4:45pm and the bike shops done @ 5pm.  I MAY be able to come by Saturday nite and have some beers with you all.  Smiley

Are we gona ride? or just dic around all day?
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #226 - 02/22/09 at 07:56:58

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 02/21/09 at 04:29:44:
Grin    Grin    Grin

And they wonder why we had to put together our own little MASH unit to roll around behind them ....

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh128/russ_diamond_jim/DSCN0531a.jpg

Oh man, nice pic here ... United States Marine Corps updated version of the original helicopter gunship, The Cobra.  It makes the heart pump a little faster and feel a bit of adrenalin just looking at it.   Cool

IP Logged
Tincanman
Serious Thumper

O~`o

Omaha, NE
Reply #227 - 02/28/09 at 12:20:40

IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #228 - 02/28/09 at 12:54:54

I like the cherohola, we some times do the gap cherohola circle. it is about 120 miles taking your time on that one is an all day event.

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Upgrade Notice on sleeping arrangements
Reply #229 - 03/05/09 at 13:59:04

THE HOLE IN THE WALL GANG staying at the apartment at the Deal's Gap hotel on Saturday June 27th currently consists of:

Toymaker-bottom bed
Lancer-bottom bed
Verslagen-top bed
ALfromN.H-top bed
MMRanch-futon
Kel70734-futon

Meeting up with us "at the Gap" is:

Savagedml

=================

The reservation at the Gap Hotel has been moved over to Toymaker's name.  Them what is astute and read stuff carefully have figured out my name isn't on the list any more.  There is a reason for this change.

My current employer has to reduce manning by a certain amount which comes out to having to remove one person from our small department (with all departments sharing the pain equally by percentage).  Upon consideration by the various bosses, it has been decided that is it to be me for our area.  

So, instead of whooping it up with the boys up in the mountains I will hopefully be working out my probationary period at a new job.  Or else still frantically hunting for one and having to peddle stuff to make ends meet.

Such is life -- please excuse me for being a bit in a poor mood right how, I am also on a strict diet and trust me -- diets suck when you are an old fat diabetic.  You feel rotten all the time.

But I gotta lose the pounds, so it is what it is -- no use complaining about it.

Oldfeller

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #230 - 03/05/09 at 14:24:34

Well, at least you can save money by not eating.

And we'll save you the bath tub in case you change you mind.

WWW   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #231 - 03/05/09 at 18:17:47

and if everything goes according to plan, it will be the small bath tub at that!

Here's hoping everything comes to gether and we don't miss ya on the ride.

T

Because I can!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #232 - 03/05/09 at 21:29:25

Oldfeller

You not getting to go bumms me out to.  I hope (pray) you jump into a better position in your work life.  I think we all sometimes say " why me lord , and why Now ".  Only to look back at the sitution in six months and see it all made sense.  I hope your comes clear in short order.  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #233 - 03/06/09 at 03:11:30

MMRanch and Lancer,

Yes, He is in charge.  Yes, he has his purposes and reasons for things happening -- but we don't know it at the time and that is why it is called faith.

I have a testimony about job loss.  I was mid 20's and rising in the Product Service Division of Black & Decker, the power tool people.  I was given the Wichita Kansas Service Center to run, a biggie because it takes care of Boeing, Cessna and all the rest of the major aircraft manufacturers.  It wasn't an easy job, it was a biggie type position for that division.

My wife had 2 miscarriages while we were in Kansas and she really needed to go home to Raleigh NC to be with her family and friends.  She was willing to leave me if that was what had to happen as she was totally miserable being in the town where her babies died.

I gave my notice at work, put my wife in her car and sent her home, worked out a 30 day notice (they took a while screwing around but finally promoted my number 2 who was the best pick anyway) and packed up a big Uhaul van with all our stuff and I drove back to Raleigh NC.

I was unemployed for just short of a month when Black & Decker called me and asked if I could meet with a guy called Richard D_____ who was forming a Quality organization in a new division of the company called Consumer Power Tools.  I met with the guy and he offered me a position with his new organization.

I went to personnel to be rehired and found that I had never been terminated -- the personnel guy at Product Service had stuck my paperwork in his drawer because he thought "something would happen".  He was connected to the same Holy Spirit that runs through all events in this world of ours.

I quit, but wasn't terminated, kept my years of service and all of it and wound up living next block over from my wife's parents and just 5 miles away from the newly constructed Consumer Power Tools corporate headquarters where I worked until they shut it down 10 years later.   My daughter Katie was born a year and a bit after we got back to Raleigh, born due to some ground breaking pediatric work being done in the Research Triangle hospitals.

I was blessed -- wife, daugher, job.

God works in ways we cannot see and cannot know.   But he is God and that is enough for me.  I will have faith.  God can work in this situtation, I know he can.

Oldfeller

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #234 - 03/06/09 at 03:18:00

Amen!

Because I can!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #235 - 03/06/09 at 05:25:39

Toymaker wrote on 03/06/09 at 03:18:00:
Amen!

I second that AMEN.  It is REALLY good to know that HE is in fact in control and has the best in mind for us all the time, through good times and especially through the stress-filled times.
Be blessed.

IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #236 - 03/06/09 at 06:20:26

If Oldfeller finds a way to make it I will gladly give up the futon.
I can ruff it  i will have my tent and sleeping bag any way

Hope the Job hunting goes well

I work for a major Carpet manufacturer and in just my plant we have had nearly 300 layed off or let go plus every one is on 32hr or less

Dalton has the highest unemployment in Georgia
I am  lucky and work for corporate engineering and have been only had to cut back to 40 hours

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
Tincanman
Serious Thumper

O~`o

Omaha, NE
Reply #237 - 03/06/09 at 09:27:03

WELL sorry to say but I just got REALLY bad news. Im soo pissed.  The dam bike shop dont open till 1pm on Sunday. so theres NO POINT in my getting the bike on that day. as far as it looks everyones goin home that day sooooo!!!  CRAP CRAP CRAP. so I guess that puts me out.  they WILL not let the bike go without all paperwork done so unless I can come up with some thing its not goin to happen.  guess I will have to ride in the chase cage!!!.   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #238 - 03/06/09 at 18:50:22

Hay Tincanman

Would it help for someone to pick up your bike for ya...Friday or Saturday  .....   ???  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Tincanman
Serious Thumper

O~`o

Omaha, NE
Reply #239 - 03/07/09 at 01:56:42

they wont let it go without the rider there, besides the rental time starts from when you get the bike.  dont want to pay for it if Im not ridin it. Im goin to see about setting up the rental car so I can drive it. at least I can hang out.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 91
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 15:27:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.