Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 91
Send Topic Print
2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip (Read 17784 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: 2009 Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #195 - 02/18/09 at 03:14:58

Speaking of crazy thoughts, Al is bringing his Chevy S-10 truck to haul his bike to Toymakers place.  

Since we will have a real truck available to be the follow vehicle for the group I asked Al if I could borrow his truck to follow you guys around, just so I could pick up any loose pieces that might fall off

(or loose persons that might fall off their pieces, or whatever might come flying off if somebody does another motorcycle/embankment mating ritual -- you get the general picture)

So, along with a follow vehicle we get a ice packed cooler with drinks in it, food to cook out Saturday night and some breakfast stuff for Sunday morning, and a place to stuff all your stuff so you won't have to carry on your bike.

Tools, some simple spare parts, a gas can (important bit, that gas can) and I get air conditioning and a nice comfy seat to sit on  (plus I get to fondle Al's pickup truck while riding her through the mountains --  hee hee)

So, if you go splat you get to ride in the truck with me you lucky person you.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
savagedml

Paid Alliance
Membership (07/09)

Portsmouth, VA
Reply #196 - 02/18/09 at 05:01:10

OF:
I'll also be trailering my bike out there (behind my Explorer) , so if you want to hook my trailer to the truck for emergency towing purposes it'll be there.

Paid Alliance Membership (07/09)
"Let's roll!"
WWW funluvncareertech   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #197 - 02/18/09 at 06:37:24

OF...so Iguess there will be some of us not riding Savages...I for one think I'll be riding the new Kawa... Smiley

Because I can!
  IP Logged
savagedml

Paid Alliance
Membership (07/09)

Portsmouth, VA
Reply #198 - 02/18/09 at 08:49:03

Awesome kel! That Dunlop retails for around $165.00; nice snag on ebay! Cool. I just got my new ebay wide whitewalls mounted, and also getting them broken-in for the Dragon. Smiley

I know this is in response to a 5 day old post, but I love an ebay bargain and I just took note of that steal!

"Let's roll!"
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #199 - 02/18/09 at 14:24:07

I will still ride a bike to your house, and if we are hauling Savagedml's trailer behind the truck I may have my bike tied down to it so it will be there at the Gap for me to play with.    

Who knows, maybe nobody will go splat since we will be equipped to come behind them and sweep them up so easily.  

A rolling gas pit-stop, luncheonette and break bar all in one ...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #200 - 02/18/09 at 15:37:38

Boy, things are really coming together now. I don't know if i can wait another 4 months.
AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #201 - 02/18/09 at 19:48:22

Savagedml,  how many channels does your trailer have?  And do you have tie downs to support all the channels?   I am counting how many broken birds we can handle at one time (and if there enough room for me to carry my bike up to the Gap).

It would be better not to have to put a bike into the back of the truck, we should save that semi-protected room for coolers and carrying our various rolled up stuff.

Speaking of coolers, how many do we have available vs how many we may need.  One for drinks and ice, one-2 for food?

Talking about food, what are your suggestions for Gap food to carry up with us?  Speak up boys, it's your stomach.

We will eat one meal on the way up at some sort of fast food place, but we will need to carry Saturday night and Sunday morning with us.

Lastly, what sort of drink do you drink?  Diet or regular?  Favorite flavor?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #202 - 02/18/09 at 20:14:55

Well, now that you mention it... what do you want from out west that you can't get back east?

Don't be ordering a suit case full of in-n-out burgers cause they'll never make it.  even if you hire an armed guard, cause after the 1st stomach growls, one of us is gonna say 'split it with ya' and that will be the end of that.  And by the time we pull in to the airport again it won't be a pretty sight.

makin's for tayco's?  salsa?  sause?  and no fresh green stuff either.  Dem dog's go wild for any thing green and leafy.   Shocked

Fer me, anything diet to drink, surgar and me aren't friends unless she's at least a XX.   Shocked  food wise, just throw it on the plate and draw yer fingers back real quick like.  And if yer thinkin' of usin' my skills to get you somewhere, pass the wrench and keep the spoon.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
savagedml

Paid Alliance
Membership (07/09)

Portsmouth, VA
Reply #203 - 02/18/09 at 21:01:49

OF: I'm setup for one bike, but I was just looking for an excuse to head back over to Harbor Freight to pick up another self-locking motorcycle wheel chock. I have reservations for Fri-Sat-Sun at the Gap, so I'll be there ahead of you guys. If the Misses decides she's not going to tag along with me, there may be a couple of additional beds available, but I'll have to make that call then. I'm trying to get her to go to the Dragon with me during Spring Break in April so she will have "been there, done that" by the time SS.com TOD '09 rolls around in June. By the way, I'm definitely a Diet Cola guy, and as far as food goes-I'm up for whatever everyone else is up for.
Looking forward to a quick 2nd semester--Teacher's live for the Summer!
dml

"Let's roll!"
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #204 - 02/19/09 at 02:15:07

savagedml wrote on 02/18/09 at 21:01:49:

Looking forward to a quick 2nd semester--Teacher's live for the Summer!
dml

AMEN Smiley

Because I can!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #205 - 02/19/09 at 03:50:32

So what is the count so far of the gang we are going to have for the ride ??

IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #206 - 02/19/09 at 05:19:15

Soft drinks, Food, I am open to any thing.. just let me know what I need to bring. I can strap an 18qt cooler on my luggage rack. I usually stuff it with beer, ( if there are no objections) and I have a nice set of tie downs if needed.

Yeeeeeee Hawwwwwww I feel a road trip in the making.

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #207 - 02/19/09 at 05:23:24

savagedml wrote on 02/18/09 at 08:49:03:
Awesome kel! That Dunlop retails for around $165.00; nice snag on ebay! Cool. I just got my new ebay wide whitewalls mounted, and also getting them broken-in for the Dragon. Smiley

I know this is in response to a 5 day old post, but I love an ebay bargain and I just took note of that steal!

Thanks. I'm a FleaBay Fanatic. local shop wanted nearly $300 for tires and mounting. Figured I'd do it my self. Plus get to check every thing out. breaks,  bearings, and know it was put back together correctly with no left over parts.

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #208 - 02/19/09 at 06:02:02

LANCER wrote on 02/19/09 at 03:50:32:
So what is the count so far of the gang we are going to have for the ride ??

I'm supposed to meet MMRanch in Blue Ridge and make our way to the Toymaker lodge and resort Friday June 26th.

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
Tincanman
Serious Thumper

O~`o

Omaha, NE
Reply #209 - 02/19/09 at 12:48:51

well called today and its gona be $372 bucks for 3 days. not as bad as I thought. the only thing is if it RAINS I dont get any money back AT ALL. only a one year rain check. and the longer I wait the less bikes he will have.  SO now I just have to find a FARMERS almanac and hope for the best.

Smiley

Are we gona ride? or just dic around all day?
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 91
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 19:29:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.