Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 91
Send Topic Print
2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip (Read 17784 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: This Year's Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #1020 - 06/28/10 at 03:38:34

PLANNING FOR NEXT YEAR

Zuk and you were discussing other places and you guys stopped and looked at some other camping/hotel sites.

Throw the discussion wide open to other places (Zuk mentioned the Asheville area around his place) and lets see what shakes out of the discussion.

We keep going back to the Deals Gap Lodge because it has camping and hotel rooms and a restaurant all at the same place (some of us will be staying in a room because of beds & bad backs, etc) and it is very close to the Dragon.   This combo does exist in other places as we continuously ride further and further out each time we go  ...

One thing that does not exist so much as you get further away from the Dragon general area is the permissive attitude towards running 75 mph in a 40 zone.   For example the Cherochola Skyway is posted 40 most of the upper stretch of it and I don't think any of us went that slow the entire time we were on it.

Face it, the entire Dragon area is a bike "free speeding zone" and that gets severely restricted out in normal civilized parts of NC and Tennessee.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #1021 - 06/28/10 at 06:20:47

Checking in. I rolled into my driveway at 8AM monday. Just about 25 hours. I took a couple breaks for naps equalling about 4 or 5 hours total. I got a speeding ticket in virginia for 78 in a 65 bit that was my only problem.

I checked my camera and for some reason none of the pictures came out of all the biker girls flashing Lancer and Rex. I know i took at least 100 pictures of girls flashing rex but its the darnest thing.

Well. I have to go unpack the truck, shower, and get a nap. I'll post pictures and maybe some video later.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #1022 - 06/28/10 at 06:31:37

Hey Al, now wait a minute, I got a photo of four of the girls showing their "treasure" to Rex...

Them's SI-REENS

Because I can!
  IP Logged
Bigzuk

Kodak Tn
Reply #1023 - 06/28/10 at 08:34:52

Toymaker,

No wonder Lancer keep running past Deals Gap with sireens like that I'd run too! Grin Grin

And yes, you are very evil Cool

Bigzuk

Love my Savage !
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1024 - 06/28/10 at 08:41:30

Toymaker,

Think back on it real carefully ....  when you saw Lancer racing up the loading ramp and jumping over those two cars -- was he simply trying to escape the amorous embrace of his female fans?

And are you SURE those were cars he jumped over?   Could they have been spandex clad sirens what had been bowled over and done fainted due to the very sound of REX's mighty BAP BAP BAP BAP's ??

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #1025 - 06/28/10 at 10:14:51

I didn't take thousands of pictures like MMRanch did but here are a few of the ones that I did take.

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1026 - 06/28/10 at 10:16:51

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/28/10 at 08:41:30:
Toymaker,

Think back on it real carefully ....  when you saw Lancer racing up the loading ramp and jumping over those two cars -- was he simply trying to escape the amorous embrace of his female fans?

And are you SURE those were cars he jumped over?   Could they have been spandex clad sirens what had been bowled over and done fainted due to the very sound of REX's mighty BAP BAP BAP BAP's ??

Grin   Grin   Grin    Cool

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #1027 - 06/28/10 at 10:18:54

Here are a couple pictures of Toymakers Tree Ornaments that he left there. Part of the floorboard (only one of the many broken pieces).

kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #1028 - 06/28/10 at 10:40:13

Toymaker wrote on 06/28/10 at 06:31:37:
Hey Al, now wait a minute, I got a photo of four of the girls showing their "treasure" to Rex...

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/mistercomputerman/fat_woman_in_bikinis...

Them's SI-REENS

I think that one on the Left was Polishing REX

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1029 - 06/28/10 at 11:14:42

OH MY GOODNESS !!!

She's got REX tucked into her (nameless body orifice) !!!  

Or else he's been stuffed up her (other nameless intestinal orifice) !!!

Eeeeewwww!!!  

No wonder Lancer was desperately racing REX up that ramp and flying off high in the air to get away ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1030 - 06/28/10 at 11:39:46

M M Ranch checking in .   We got home late Sunday afternoon after riding 65 and 70 up the interstate and a stop at Cracker Barrel.  The Savages seemed to be saying "Faster, Faster" all the time.   Then had a free cook-out at the VBS family night , followed by Guitars, Tellascopes, and a pit-fire (dragon style) in the back yard till after midnight.    Our Flat-lander may not be lighting on the curves but Ya'll should hear him play a Guitar !!!!

Hay Lancer I want you and REX to show me how to do that  "180 degree spin from 30 mph with the Wheelee thing comming out of it.   That was so Coool , and doin't even think about denighing it   there can't be more that one Dragon eating Green Machine like that in the eastern side of the country.   You could have come on in to camp , I believe the Law only made one round asking about who you were and when would you be back.  If I were you I'd change my paint skeem befor next year , they were plenty pisssed-off about having that pavement chunked off the road at them.

BigZuk thanks for the PM.

I'll check and post pictures (both pictures) after the dust settles from the weekend and I have a free evening.  

Glad everyone made it home safe.

MMRanch

I'm allready looking foward the doing next years ride and might have to have a little "fix"  in a few weeks .   Anybody having a ralley we all might get to.   Lynchburg tn. had their's the week befor 18-20 june (every year , same weekend).

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1031 - 06/28/10 at 14:07:15

Be'n the carb guy you'd think I could make at least one of em work....but nooooooo; 2 carbs to work with, an Edelbrock & 36 VM that I got off ebay, and neither one of them will work at all.  It doesn't seem to matter which hammer I use,  they still refuse to work properly.  They cough spit and sputter like they are clogged in spite of several tear downs and blow-outs with cleaner.  Then the VM pee's all over the bike and ground just to add insult to injury.  This just does not seem to be my week.  I may have to do a midnight bonfire of my own if they continue like ths...sacrifice to the scrap aluminum pile.
I'll show em !   Angry    Cool

« Last Edit: 06/29/10 at 04:21:47 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #1032 - 06/28/10 at 16:43:36

Here are some pictures of SOME of my boo-boos

and yes, I am HURTING today

Because I can!
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #1033 - 06/28/10 at 19:28:13

Seems all that made it to the Dragon and home had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Toymaker, sorry to hear of your mishap and hope the wounds heal quickly.
Lancer, seems your Rex was there in spirit even if you were unable to make the trip. I was so sad to read of you and Rex not actually making it this year. At least you have next year to look forward to. Smiley

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1034 - 06/28/10 at 20:06:35

Woooooooooooooooow

maby there are TWO  rex's east of the missippi ????????    Heven help the State Troopers now.

euuuuuuuuu
John that doin't look good

« Last Edit: 06/29/10 at 19:30:08 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 91
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 12:27:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.