Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 91
Send Topic Print
2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip (Read 17784 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: This Year's Tail of the Dragon Trip
Reply #1005 - 06/26/10 at 03:49:15

Yeah, listen to him -- he was there all right.   Playing Babyhog with us is what he was doing ....

Lancer was seen riding around on Rex by all of us at one time or another -- I saw him escaping from the Tennessee Highway Patrol by running around the lower edge of the rock slide on the goat path that the dirt bike boys had mapped out so they can still get to the convenience mart on the far side of the rock slide that sells the real cheap Tennessee taxed gas.

We all saw you alright buddy -- you is BUSTED !!!   You can tell your wife anything you want to keep yourself out of the doghouse, but we all saw you showing off on that helicopter green painted naked REX with the military markings all over it.   Just because you wore a tinted full face helmet, you didn't fool any of us.

Deal's Gap Lodge only has three rules they try to enforce at the Dragon

No Wheelies -- No Stoppies -- No Burn Outs

.... and I personally saw Lancer running the Skyway about 2:00 pm on Thursday just as the dark rain clouds were rolling over the top straight edge of the mountain top ridge and he was doing a series of little power wheelies as he was shifting up his gears -- he passed me at over 90 mph (I wuz at 85, so I know he was doing better than 90).  

And I think it was Toymaker that saw what you did on the loading ramp at Deal's Gap on Wednesday evening.   And Rocket Phil was right amazed that it turns out that we know you (you know him as the old dude on the massive red in-line Triumph that you blew off drag racing down the Fontana Village Inn parking lot at Wednesday about dusk).

You were seen too many times by too many people to get away with your prevaricating nonsense -- cry innocent all you want, it ain't gonna play against the number and variety of times you were seen by the various members of the group.

Grin   Grin   Grin

« Last Edit: 06/26/10 at 14:36:31 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1006 - 06/27/10 at 03:09:37

Reeeeport !~!!

Say out loud in decending order ....

"I made it back home OK wid only XX scratches on my XX from them nasty blackberry canes a reaching out from the unmaintained edges of the skyway seeking out my tender flesh as I laid waaaaay over in that there turn ...."

Or did the Dragon eat all of yew ??

(they must have had a good time since they ain't home yet, not any of them)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Personal improvement poll
Reply #1007 - 06/27/10 at 03:43:56

You can click on as many buttons as you want to vote for all the things that apply to your trip experience.

This is the 2010 post trip polling post, so delete the sucker after it is over so as to not screw up the heading for the rest of the long multi year listing

Understand this 2010 Dragon Run was the first time we did it as a two part affair ....

.... first part was the experienced riders tearing up the road in unregulated riding.

.... second part was "safe" group rides at a more controlled pace.

so do expect a little variation in the results from the two groups.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1008 - 06/27/10 at 04:01:58

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/26/10 at 03:49:15:

Yeah, listen to him -- he was there all right.   Playing Babyhog with us is what he was doing ....

Lancer was seen riding around on Rex by all of us at one time or another -- I saw him escaping from the Tennessee Highway Patrol by running around the lower edge of the rock slide on the goat path that the dirt bike boys had mapped out so they can still get to the convenience mart on the far side of the rock slide that sells the real cheap Tennessee taxed gas.

We all saw you alright buddy -- you is BUSTED !!!   You can tell your wife anything you want to keep yourself out of the doghouse, but we all saw you showing off on that helicopter green painted naked REX with the military markings all over it.   Just because you wore a tinted full face helmet, you didn't fool any of us.

Deal's Gap Lodge only has three rules they try to enforce at the Dragon

No Wheelies -- No Stoppies -- No Burn Outs

.... and I personally saw Lancer running the Skyway about 2:00 pm on Thursday just as the dark rain clouds were rolling over the top straight edge of the mountain top ridge and he was doing a series of little power wheelies as he was shifting up his gears -- he passed me at over 90 mph (I wuz at 85, so I know he was doing better than 90).  

And I think it was Toymaker that saw what you did on the loading ramp at Deal's Gap on Wednesday evening.   And Rocket Phil was right amazed that it turns out that we know you (you know him as the old dude on the massive red in-line Triumph that you blew off drag racing down the Fontana Village Inn parking lot at Wednesday about dusk).

You were seen too many times by too many people to get away with your prevaricating nonsense -- cry innocent all you want, it ain't gonna play against the number and variety of times you were seen by the various members of the group.

Grin   Grin   Grin

So REX in STEALTH MODE now is he? ?  

Able to blend according to his surroungdings to escape detection like a chameleon does he ? ?

Oh so swift  ? ?  ah yes ........ when he decides to start that is.
   Cool

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1009 - 06/27/10 at 06:49:55

OK, Lancer is still protesting his innocence --- who else saw him?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #1010 - 06/27/10 at 08:34:25

Well Toymaker checking in...and I saw REX  jump two cars next to the loading dock...

Now for the bad news.

Saturday evening the ole dragon bit me....on a straightaway no less....I have a fair case of road rash but nothing brokem and really only a bruised ego.

Bike is fully covered so after this I'll call GEICO and have a talk with the lizard.

Because I'm evil!!! (inside joke)

« Last Edit: 06/27/10 at 11:51:36 by Toymaker »  

Because I can!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1011 - 06/27/10 at 09:18:00

OK, that's not good -- you were the one being all Mr. Safety this weekend too !!!

How bad was the bike?    How many square inches of road rash did you get and where all is it located?

Was anybody else other than you bunged up after I left?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1012 - 06/27/10 at 11:53:46

I called Toymaker and got the skinny on what happened.  Saturday he was close to the overlook when he hit a small patch of gravel that had been thrown on the road by a car kicking it off the side of the shoulder and he went down going less than 30 mph.  

He wasn't in a turn per se and he had just passed a cop so he was both distracted and he was going pretty durn slow.  

His left arm is skinned up all the way up to the shoulder but Neosporin is taking care of it.  His bike is also skinned up pretty good but he has comprehensive insurance that should pay to have it fixed.   He rode the bike back to Granite Falls on Sunday AM and it ran OK, so damage is all cosmetic.

He says Momma sez he can come back next year .....  so he will recover OK after all.

Serenity busted the end off his clutch cable on Saturday and Big Zuk completely wore out his rear tire (white cord showing) so they went down to the local bike emporium to get a clutch cable and a new tire.

Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked        (Durn, Big Zuk had thread left on his tire when I left Friday AM,   the Dragon must have ate it all)

It sounds like the "safe" easy going Friday Saturday Sunday wound up being a bit more than a cruise in the park after all.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #1013 - 06/27/10 at 11:55:50

Not that I know of.  We Savages had one GREAT weeked...

As for square inches of R.R...all left side stuff....shoulder caught a little, upper arm..3 sq inches...lower left....pretty much all the way down..

Left knee (the one with the broken miniscus)

Left foot...stretched the "puller upper tendon" so shifting in VERY painful

I guess when I broke the floorboard in half, the bike trapped my foot in the slide....ouchie

All fixable and healable...

T

Because I can!
  IP Logged
Bigzuk

Kodak Tn
Reply #1014 - 06/27/10 at 14:19:28

Bigzuk and Yamakid checking in, we got home about noon. Just in time for Yamamkid to miss his sweetie going out of town for a week Grin

We both had a great time!!!!!!!!!!
I was joken' Friday about how much better I might do the dragon with tire tread....Had no idea how stupid I was rideing that hard on so little tire Sad  Good thing I promised the wife I'd take it easy so Yamakid would come home safe. That new tire makes me faster Smiley We had lots of harley rolling road blocks, but after the new tire, Yamakid and I got held up Sat. pm by a motard and a squid bike Cool

Toymaker, sorry we ran off and left you Sat. pm and wasn't there to help when you had your bad luck Sad

We knew we had the road to ourself after the two Tenn. troopers flew past being outrun off the hill by Rex. Those poor troopers looked all night for that little green streak.

Lancer, thanks to you they keep checking every Savage at Deals gap for fresh paint (over green) and kwick attach fenders and parts.

Yamakid said he had a great time and wants to do it again. He didn't have any problems keeping up with everyone except Lancer and Rex, they were the only thing that scared him more than the bear I almost hit, and the snake that I did hit. Shocked

Thanks,
Bigzuk & Yamakid

Love my Savage !
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #1015 - 06/27/10 at 15:01:41

Midnightrider checkin in. I'm ready to go back!!!!!! Liked to have cooked comin home down I 40. Mrs Midnights supper sure taste good. Its great to be able to put a face to a name now. Great bunch of guys!!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #1016 - 06/27/10 at 16:19:21

Big Zuk, are you saying you almost hit a patrolman?    And you did actually hit a lawyer?   Did you kill him?

Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin

Good job mashing on that there snake and I'm glad you managed to miss hitting 'ol Smokey the Bear !!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #1017 - 06/27/10 at 17:06:38

The best thing about the whole trip was not a single lie was told the whole time I was up there  Grin Grin Grin Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #1018 - 06/27/10 at 17:12:24

Yep, I agree....not a single lie.......nope not a one..Smiley

Because I can!
  IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #1019 - 06/27/10 at 17:51:26

Kel Checkin in
Stoped by MMRanch's brothers house on the way home...

No problems on the way home

I saw REX doing wheelies all the way up wheelie hill on friday.......
Hadf a great time. time to start planning next year

Kel
"DO NOT SEEK THE TREASURE"

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 91
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 11:28:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2009's Tail of the Dragon Trip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!