Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clutch Slippage? (Read 66 times)
il67bp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Clutch Slippage?
11/24/08 at 11:01:08

Sometimes when i am riding and shifting from first to second gear the bike will start bucking and the neutral light will go on and off until i shift up again. im not sure if when i shift up it just goes into second completely or if it just goes into third. does this have to do with the clutch?or does it have to do with me just not shifting fully enough? has anyone else had this problem? it does not happen too often by the way but often enough as to get my attention
thanks for the help

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Re: Clutch Slippage?
Reply #1 - 11/24/08 at 12:51:11

The neutral light switch is a very simple thing and not adjustable.  So....  if it's coming on then It's a real good chance that you are not getting all the way into second.  I think that may be a bad thing ..... so you need to make sure it's in gear.

Me....  I just hit neutral and the bike rev's  ... always at the most embrassing times.... like powering by a broken down Harley.....

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Re: Clutch Slippage?
Reply #2 - 11/25/08 at 08:51:32

I have the same problem.... seems like its always at stop lights when I go to take off! I slap the sifter up into 2nd but half the time it stays in nuetral! I like it though cause when I let off the throttle I get that nice pop and scare the crap out of the local Cops!

"You are the choices you make in life..... I choose to Play Hard.... Ride Hard.... or Die Hard!"
Chopped BullChopped   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 04:23:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clutch Slippage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.