Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Super sale at Harbor Freight (Read 180 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Super sale at Harbor Freight
11/23/08 at 03:29:40

As you get closer to Thanksgiving and Black Friday, some real discount coupon sales begin to show up in the paper.  Harbor Freight has just dropped a coupon sale circular into the Sunday paper that is worth noting for lots of things,  but three stand out for us Savage folk.

$1.99 for a multifunction volt/ohm meter suitable for electrical troubleshooting on your Savage.

$3.99 for a battery float charger suitable for charging your Savage's battery without harming it.

$19.99 for a 18 volt cordless drill and flashlight combo.

Folks, you can bash on Harbor Freight for selling cheap junk, but in today's financial bind finding stuff that is useable and serviceable is a good thing (and I have these items and they are very useable and they do offer an excellent value of service for the low price paid).  

In every case they are a rip-off of somebody's high dollar design with the mgf being done in China where copyright laws do not exist.  Some of us have issues buying rip offs, but if you are strapped for cash and the choice is Harbor Freight or nothing then they are an affordable option.

And this week they are about half of what they normally cost if you bring in the coupon from the paper ....

(they always have copies of the current circulars at the store BTW)

« Last Edit: 11/23/08 at 05:06:32 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Re: Super sale at Harbor Freight
Reply #1 - 11/23/08 at 06:24:33

I agree! I am and have purchased most everything  I need for a Chop Shop from HF and everything works just fine and I have paid less than a $1000. I can't complain! Besides they have several high end products!

"You are the choices you make in life..... I choose to Play Hard.... Ride Hard.... or Die Hard!"
Chopped BullChopped   IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #2 - 11/23/08 at 06:38:18

alot of the things sold at HF are junk, but there wrenches and sockets seem to be o.k. i bought a flux core welder on sale there for 99 bux and it hasnt given me any troubles so far.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #3 - 11/23/08 at 06:41:14

Ditto. Most of my tools are craftsman, but I did by my torque wrench at HF for $15. Being that I don't use it that much (use regular rachet) it was an easy decision to save the $60.

FSO
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 11/23/08 at 08:56:59

In the last 3 years I am sure Ive dropped over $2,000.00 in HF. I have a compressor, trailer & floor jack + all kinds of little odds & ends, OHH yea, & a welder & hood. Gotta go get a torch soon. Of the VERY few problems Ive had with breakage or just not working as it oughta, theyve stepped right up & given me replacements or refunds, No hassles. In fact, I bought a blade for my little bandsaw & before I needed it, the saw puked & died, they trefunded that $$$ without me even having a receipt, cuz they knew it was from their store & they all know me on sight.
I intend to have that $20.00 drill.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #5 - 11/24/08 at 11:55:26

I went to harbor freight, the coupons are not in the store, they are sent to their select customers, those that sign up to get the sale paper.  there were plenty of folks after the drills, especially.  someone did share a coupon with me, so I got one as well.  I apprciate the heads up.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
1st2know

Currently between
Savages

Seattle, WA
Reply #6 - 11/24/08 at 19:14:56

Whenever I break a tool, its from using it outside its intended use. I'm in the mood to break a tool, and here's what I came up with.

The problem: I hate bending over to work on the motorcycle.

Hacked up solution: Buy this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=93116

What I was thinking was to strap the Savage to this thing crossways so the wheels dangle off the sides. This would give me waist high access to the bottom end and all the other important stuff thats  normally six inches off the cold concrete slab.

The only time I would have the Savage on this thing would be for the winter teardown. I have a MC jack, but that only raises her high enough for the wheels to come off. I WANT HIGHER!

I would think ideal height would have the pegs about 35 inches off the ground. I'd also have a cable strapped to the ceiling joists to give me 10-15 seconds of swearing time should the whole thing tip over.

Any thoughts on how I could(should) do this?

Kaw VN1700, V-Strom 650, Coal powered Chevy Spark.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #7 - 11/24/08 at 19:38:43

Hmmmm....  32" x 20", 11" minimum to 34.5" maximum.  Build 11" high 32" wide ramps, with a flat area, so you can ride the bike over the 11" high table.  Sideways, the bike fore/aft on the 20" side -- I'm sure we have a 20" long flat to pick up with.  Might want to make a wood cradle to slip under the bike to make a perfect fit to the frame, or maybe not.  Try without first.  Put a couple of hooks on the corners to strap the bike down to.   A 32" wide side to side base will have that bugger solid as a rock.  Probably wouldn't need an overhead safety cable.

They also have a $170 500 pound rated table that would also work, but no dimensions.

WWW   IP Logged
1st2know

Currently between
Savages

Seattle, WA
Reply #8 - 11/24/08 at 20:23:23

(grunts as he bends down with his tape measure)
Yep, more than 20 inches of clearance under the cradle. My stock muffler may have to come off before I jack it up, but that would happen in a tear down anyway.

Only about 7 inches between the floor and frame with the bike level. I like the idea of a ramp, and it looks as if there would be room to set it on the side stand until I can start pumping up the ram.

I'm going to give it a try. I'll post photos (hopefully without bandages) - if this works, then I may be able to take on a project bike as well.

Thanks!

Kaw VN1700, V-Strom 650, Coal powered Chevy Spark.
  IP Logged
Chopped

Hurts Like hell when
you shoot yourself!

Stafford, VA
Reply #9 - 11/25/08 at 04:53:03

hell they have the actual MC tables for under $400! I like this alternative much better but if you are strapped for cash go for the one previously mentioned. Seems like it would be easier to move around and stow when not needed.... a table is kinda bulky!

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91764

"You are the choices you make in life..... I choose to Play Hard.... Ride Hard.... or Die Hard!"
Chopped BullChopped   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:25:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Super sale at Harbor Freight

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.