Send Topic Print
09 S-40's (Read 230 times)
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
09 S-40's
11/23/08 at 03:26:13

My local dealership has a new two-tone s-40.  I was looking it over and he came up to me and said, "Don't you have one of these?"  Yep, but mine doesn't look like that. I've raised the seat, got forward controls, a 150 rear tire, re-jetted, different exhaust....."

Wow, you have done a lot....

Yep, and mine screams up the interstate........

Then I asked him, "How long will you have it in stock?"

Maybe a week.....

If these sell so quickly....where are all of them?

Prolly hiding....or they are camo-ed like mine/!!!!1 Wink

BTW...the silver and white looks really good.

Because I can!
  IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Re: 09 S-40's
Reply #1 - 11/23/08 at 04:40:14

i saw a pink and white one the other day $4599. i think its too much, but i don't really know what they go for.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #2 - 11/23/08 at 05:04:52

I was at my local stealership two days ago,tons of new bikes ,but no Savage,the guy said "we cant keep them in stock,when we get one in it sells within the hour" and still to this day I have never seen another one on the road,people must buy em and hide em.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Reply #3 - 11/23/08 at 05:55:37

Here in my neck of the woods, I've seen two others.  Both newer than mine.  I stopped one  of them and gave him the url to this wonderful site....to my knowledge he has never joined....Pity.

Because I can!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 11/23/08 at 09:02:43

Let me seee now. Lets say I own a dealership & I couldnt "keep these in stock", what would I do?

Order more? Yep
Charge a little more? Yep

If they leave before they are seen by more than 5 people, they are too cheap.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
skrapiron -FSO
Serious Thumper

Instant Human....
Just add coffee..

Pittsburgh, Pa
Reply #5 - 11/23/08 at 17:40:33

The '09 S40 is beautiful.... No question about that!

If I could change anything from the factory is the riding pegs.  They're too short for anyone NOT of asian decent...

I loved mine... I want another...

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #6 - 11/23/08 at 18:07:17

we buy em, then we ride them  thats why nobody see's them

is's  just a big law mower engine   so why do i need to let the stoner kid change the oil and leave the plug loose,  heck i can do that my self

dealers dont' like em,  no profit margin, no accessories, and most of us do all the work it self. YOU CAN DO THE 600 MILE SERVCE AND ANY OTHER SERVICE YOURSELF WITHOUT VOIDING THE WARRANTY. all you have to do is show that you bought the parts though suzuki and its covered.  now they dont talk about it much.  i am lucky my dealership and i have had a 25 year relationship and get alog pretty darn good. the kid took it over from his father, and will give it to his son...   i doubt i'll be around for that but it's nice to know.

he too sell them within hrs or days after arrival.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/23/08 at 19:14:00

skrapiron -FSO wrote on 11/23/08 at 17:40:33:
The '09 S40 is beautiful.... No question about that!

If I could change anything from the factory is the riding pegs.  They're too short for anyone NOT of asian decent...

I loved mine... I want another...

hey skrap I am asian and I object to the racial comment. Nah just kidding, I am not asian. Although I understand the satirical comment, someone else may not. Just be careful. You may start a blog battle and we all know how nasty those can get lol. I am grateful for not being pint sized, or sasquatch size. I am suzuki savage size and would not trade it for the world. Ride On!

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #8 - 11/24/08 at 16:54:58

Just got back from looking at the '09 S40. I do believe the only difference is the two tone paint. I sat on it and I must say, after getting use to all the mods I have done to the FireLizard, in it's stock configuration, it seems rather small to me now.

Is it just my imagination or have they added padding to the seat? It seems they have but it is stiffer as well. I do not know about the '08 models but the '09 does have actual badges not decals on the tank.

By the way, it was a dark pink and white, the wife called it a magenta or fushia. She also believes the two tone paint makes it look like every other cruiser out there and called it a cookie cutter. I almost have to agree.

I forgot to bring my cell or I would have gotten some pics of it.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Chong Kim
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SantaFe, NM
Reply #9 - 11/25/08 at 01:42:47

LOL, I'm Korean and the Savage fits me just fine. My sister's son, who also is Korean, is 6'2" and weighs 270. Big boy.

He wouldn't fit on a Savage very well without some extensive mods. And he's probably bigger than Skrap.

Editedto add ---  Most Japanese bikes seem to perfectly fit the average Japanese engineer, which I would assume is about 5'8" to 5'9". Taller folks seem to need forward controls and smaller folks seem to need lower suspensions.

Case in point: Suzuki B-King. You'll probably fit OK on that if you're EXACTLY the same size as that Japanese engineer! If you're shorter or taller it's a pig.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #10 - 11/25/08 at 02:27:18

Love the 2-tone treatment on the '09 LS650's!! FWIW, I am not Asian (have a daughter who is Thai though ...) and am only 5'-5" on a good day (what is referred to as a "short-arse" up here LOL!!) and the Savage/S40 fits me better than any other Bike I have ever sat on and/or Ridden!
Rock On dudes and dudettes! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #11 - 11/25/08 at 08:23:40

Interesting couple of comments above. I wanted to quote both of them, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Rigidchop gave the price and said he thought it was too much. Justin_O_Guy said, if he were a dealer and couldn't keep them in stock, he'd raise the price. For someone looking only at price, the S40 looks pretty good compared to almost anything else on the floor.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #12 - 11/25/08 at 08:30:39

Toymaker wrote on 11/23/08 at 05:55:37:
Here in my neck of the woods, I've seen two others.  Both newer than mine.  I stopped one  of them and gave him the url to this wonderful site....to my knowledge he has never joined....Pity.

I had to ride to Pa. to see another Savage. Then I was not only treated to seeing 3, I got to rip through the mountains with them. Still have yet to see another one here in NJ, not even in the Suzi stealership down the road. Suzi's here seem to rule in the sport bike crowd.

FSO
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #13 - 11/25/08 at 11:27:43

Two tone paint looks interesting,  I posted some pict's back on 11/11.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1226457067/0

I saw the White & Silver,  EssForty saw the Red & White.....

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
skrapiron -FSO
Serious Thumper

Instant Human....
Just add coffee..

Pittsburgh, Pa
Reply #14 - 11/25/08 at 13:43:52

I hope no-one took my comment as a slight.....  I was  merely trying to say that I think that the ergonomics of the bike are (unintentionally) slanted towards the engineers who designed it, rather than the public that is riding it (at least over here.)

The average Japanese man is 170cm (around 5'7"... Incidentally, the average Korean is 175cm.....) while the average American man is 179cm (around 5'11".)  

My wife is around Perry's size (5'5") and found the stock ergonomics to fit her perfectly.  I'm 1/4" shy of 6 foot and found the stock leg position cramped.

If I was of slightly less stature, I would probably have no complaints.  But my wide American backside and relatively long legs just could not get comfortable on the stock bike.

I wish that Suzuki would recognize that and either offer a forward control kit (factory add-on like the Seeger Cycle one) or offer it as an option on the bike.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 02:21:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 09 S-40's

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.