Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seat (Read 216 times)
markrider

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Seat
11/20/08 at 06:14:03

I picked up a used Corbin plain Leather Dual Touring Seat for a 2004 Custom Sportster on e-bay for a good price.  I'm thinking it should mount like a Sportster seat.  Does anyone have any experience mounting a Corbin Sportster seat on the Savage.  Thanks.
markrider

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Seat
Reply #1 - 11/20/08 at 07:25:19

Wont fit. NO amount of work will MAKE it fit. Send it to me, Ill pay the freight & give you 10 bucks to help take the sting out of your horrible mistake. THIS is My Christmas to YOU! Yes, its your lucky DAY! I JUst checked my email & there are 3 in there, each with at least 5 million dollars to give me. I
ll forward 2 of them to you, because I REALLY want you to feel good & get over the pain of having been snookered on that seat. Ive seen pics of those on Savages & they look good, so I understand Why you did it, but those pics were all photoshopped, really, save yourself the pain & ship it today..PM me for the address & Ill help ya out.. Wink

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 11/20/08 at 08:55:34

Justin,... one day, you'll be made a saint...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 11/20/08 at 09:17:20

I dont care for others because I am looking for a reward. Its just my nature to give & give & give. But, if someone wants to niminate me for Sainthood, or the Nobel Peace Prize( the Only Gold Medal that really IS gold, ohh but I dont care about that either, unless it would benefit others) I would accept it.

I am thinking I'll be able to open a fertilizer plant soon at this rate. Production is up, I just need to find the market. Just no demand for MY BS..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #4 - 11/20/08 at 10:46:47

Justin believes in giving til it hurts! Learned it from his old cellmate  CheesyBen Ova!

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 11/20/08 at 11:56:44

Does anyone have any experience mounting a Corbin Sportster seat on the Savage.

I think this thread should be put back on topic.. odd, I just suddenly started thinking that..

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 11/20/08 at 16:19:01

Never heard of it being done, but then most of us are too cheap to get a Sportster's Corbin seat without knowing it can be done.

Mark!  Tell us where you are and I'm sure someone will stop by if for nothing else than to cheet you on as you discover whether or not it can be done.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 11/20/08 at 16:23:20

Saw a pic of a Savage with a horse saddle somewhere here...anything can be done,...just gotta' not take no, for an answer...
Good luck...show us pics...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
markrider

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 11/21/08 at 04:40:37

I am going to give it a try-  it's a winter project-I will post some  pics and keep you informed as to what happens.  FYI- got it for 1/4 of Corbin's asking price for a new  one-no one bidded on it plus e-bay gave me 10% off this price.  If it doesn't work, I can probably sell it in the spring to a newby Sportster rider and come out ahead or at least break even.
markrider

IP Logged
skrapiron -FSO
Serious Thumper

Instant Human....
Just add coffee..

Pittsburgh, Pa
Reply #9 - 11/21/08 at 05:00:17

If the Corbin mounts to the stock sportster without modifications, then it should mount to the Savage.

Befrore I sold mine, I was bidding on a Corbin Gunfighter seat for the sportster.  I was going to try the same thing, I just ran out of bike.....

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.
  IP Logged
sakara
2005 No Login

Thumpalicious

Lockport, NY
Reply #10 - 11/21/08 at 07:35:32

I would assume the same sportster seat mod/tricks would apply.

Alliance Member

'86 Thumper bobber rat project.
sakara   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #11 - 11/21/08 at 21:26:50

ANYTHING CAN FIT ANYTHING, IT JUST TAKES A LITTLE WORK THATS ALL.

nice try justin....... almost bought that pile of bs.  but since you give it away free i figgured why pay.... Grin            

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:19:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.