Send Topic Print
gas in breather tubes (Read 42 times)
wrd17
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

gas in breather tubes
11/19/08 at 15:37:40

i was having big carb problems and got a rebuilt carb from lancer. i installed it yesterday.  i have a 152.5 main jet, stock pilot jet, and 3 washers for the spacer mod.  today i noticed  that there was some gas bubbling up in both breather tubes coming off the carb.  is this normal or is something wrong?  also gas is leaking a little around the tube that connects to the carb off of the petcock(after the little filter) and i can't seem to make it stop.  any suggestions. the carb looks brand new and everything seems to be working fine.  i just dont know much about carbs.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: gas in breather tubes
Reply #1 - 11/19/08 at 17:49:45

When does it do this - only if the engine is running or the petc0ck turned to PRI?

sounds like at least a problem in float area - either it is adjusted wrong, sticking, sinks, or the float needle/seat is not sealing

IP Logged
wrd17
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: gas in breather tubes
Reply #2 - 11/19/08 at 19:31:08

it only seems to do this when it is running, the petcock is in the normal position (run or whatever it is, not prime or reserve). it doesnt look like it goes all the way out of the tubes, just sort of bubbles out of the front of the tubes.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:21:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › gas in breather tubes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.