SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Re: removing airbox
Reply #30 - 02/09/09 at 05:08:43

I noticed that as well! I'm figuring I'll do something similar instead of cutting the wires down to length and splicing them back together... That way if I ever need to move something again, I'll have the length of wire I need right away.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #31 - 02/23/09 at 05:36:51

Tried my luck at this again this weekend... This time, new steel to mess with (without holes first, as that seemed to be my initial problem) and a little more patience.

I guess it paid off... I got the brackets cut, drilled, and mounted. The one on the left side (while sitting on the bike) seems to be touching the frame though and there is no way to get a bolt in through it unless you'd raise the box. However, it seems that the bolts that I've got in now would hold it in place just fine.

My only problem at this point is... the filter STILL won't fit! I bought one of those from the site here. Maybe if I would've put the filter on first, and then put the battery box/battery in afterwards it would've fit right... But if I have to maintenance anything there... A huge pain?

I'm thinking of doing what I was thinking of before... And just going the route of a custom box of some sort.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #32 - 02/23/09 at 06:13:05

The back edge of the left bracket (left being sitting on the bike and looking down) will touch the frame if it's the same dimensions as the right one.  I remember doing two things to remedy this- 1) I ground maybe 1/16" off the back of the left bracket (not too much), and 2) angled and rounded off the bottom edge of the back of the bracket until I got clearance.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 06:30:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › removing airbox

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.