Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
So I'm looking to buy an S40, have questions... (Read 241 times)
stoopidsteve87
Ex Member

Re: So I'm looking to buy an S40, have questions..
Reply #15 - 11/11/08 at 06:30:41

hmm, my stepdad is suggesting buying the V-Star 650 classic that they have as well. 2006 with 17xx miles, windshield, saddlebags, a few other extras, asking $5300 and he put in an offer on the website for $4800 to include a helmet and gloves, waiting to hear back what they say.

He likes the plus of all the extras, both for now and resale later down the road. Doesn't think the extra 150 pounds + on the bike will make much of a difference once I've ridden a little, especially because of the extra power. And also the fact that it'd carry another person better if i wanted/needed. Those were mostly his arguments.

And a few people on another forum have suggested the V-Star...but the S40 is calling me...ugh! Still in the same boat...there's something about the little suzuki...but then at the same time i figure I should get something a little bigger...

IP Logged
cowspotter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ashburn, VA
Reply #16 - 11/11/08 at 07:02:45

The V-Star is an option but I would still go with the lighter bike for the kind of riding you want to do. You CAN carry a second person on an S-40 if needed, but there are 2 issues with that:

They won't be happy with you because it sucks back there

You shouldn't be carrying passengers until you're really solid on the bike. You're out there taking a risk riding while learning and there's no need to put someone else in danger.

You're call but I'd pick the cheaper bike both because its a lower up front cost and when you do drop it, the pain will be less.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 11/11/08 at 09:16:03

You might also check the cost of insurance and the cost of a  valve adjustment and oil change at your local MC shop.  The V-Star valve adjust is a bit more involved.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
stoopidsteve87
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 11/11/08 at 16:16:51

Well folks, my time with you has been short lived. My stepdad suggested the V Star 650 classic and was able to get them down to a price I was ok with...soo alas, got a little more bike. Still though, love the thought of the S40's, so maybe some day, lol.

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #19 - 11/11/08 at 16:23:48

Serowbot wrote on 11/11/08 at 09:16:03:
You might also check the cost of insurance and the cost of a  valve adjustment and oil change at your local MC shop.  The V-Star valve adjust is a bit more involved.

So is the oil change,have to drop the exhaust just to do it.A rear tire change...hahaha.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 11/11/08 at 16:56:02

man there are guys here that are ready to hang a few designers just cause they got to remove the exhaust to get at the clutch cover.  And you only have to do that every 10k or so.  Imagine what they do if you had to remove every 1k!  I think all the suki dealers wouldn't have any plate glass windows.   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:19:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › So I'm looking to buy an S40, have questions...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.