Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seat Conversion - - - Others ? (Read 101 times)
SavRon

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ohio
Seat Conversion - - - Others ?
11/09/08 at 13:48:03

I really like the Sportster seat conversion for the Savage, and I'm thinking real hard about converting.

Want to know if there are any other types of Harley seats that can be converted to fit our bikes ?? Something like a Soft Tail etc.  I'm considering leaving the stock passenger pad installed and trying a Solo Harley seat. Something a little bigger and softer. Anyone ever installed another model seat or have any ideas about these ? Thanks.

~Ron

IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Re: Seat Conversion - - - Others ?
Reply #1 - 11/09/08 at 14:17:13

I put a V-Star saddle seat on mine and left the stock back pad on. Due to the size of the saddle it sits a few inches higher than the stock seat because, since I wanted to keep the back pad, it sits up on the front of the back seat a little. Okay if you've got a longer inseam, but could be a problem if you're under 5'9" or so. The seat I got isn't a stock Star so it's not as soft and cushy as their stock seat. It looks better though. I have a full saddle gel pad as well that doesn't do as much as I had hoped, but does absorb some of the vibrations. See what you think of the look.

http://bikepics.com/pictures/869173/
http://bikepics.com/pictures/869170/

Jack

IP Logged
Bobbert
Serious Thumper

CHOP IT

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2 - 11/09/08 at 19:55:42

I've got a Harley Nightrod seat on mine.  It requires some modding, but it's got great looks.  One downside is that it pushes you forward an inch or two from stock so it's good for short riders. I'm only 5'8" w/ a 32" inseam and its a little bit of a gargoyle ride for me.

In progress- 1996 Savage: solo seat, pod filter, open exhaust, and custom bars, fender, wiring, paint.
  IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/09/08 at 20:01:07

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:21:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Seat Conversion - - - Others ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.