Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Adventures with my Savage (Read 124 times)
Polar_Pilot

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Adventures with my Savage
11/08/08 at 16:11:25

I purchased my 1989 Suzuki Savage in the summer of 1999.  The machine had  been repainted in a bright yellow sans decals format.
Today I was looking at some pictures and thinking about the great rides this bike has given me

1999 - a cousin and I took off for Sturgis - riding in the Black Hills with the thousands of other rider was like a dream coming true

2002 - loading Ole Yellar One onto a trailer - we rolled about 4000 kms to North Carolina. met with a cousin and he and I rode south to Daytona for that classic

2003 - Off to the high mountains of Alberta and BC in the company of two friends just for the joy or riding and camping for 10 days

2004 - Disaster - lost all my oil - and blew the engine up - but found a new motor from a 1995 - a nephew got excited about the bike and for a summer of riding agreed to do an engine transplant

2007 -Got my bike back and settled back into the delightful light riding style of the Savage

2008 - Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Rally in Biggar Sk - just for the joy of riding

9 years of riding pleasure - about 20,000 kms so far - and the great delight of riding such a fine machine

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Adventures with my Savage
Reply #1 - 11/09/08 at 02:21:40

Way to go P.P.!! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Red_Wine

Chain-drive, 400cc
Black Savage in
Chile

Santiago, Chile
Re: Adventures with my Savage
Reply #2 - 11/10/08 at 07:30:10

I am down to tears...  :'(

RW

IP Logged
Pages: 1