Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
cone filter (Read 711 times)
savagespence

NEEEWBIE!!

Nashville,TN
Re: cone filter
Reply #15 - 11/08/08 at 07:34:44

I just bought a cone filter from speedmoto and there customer service,shipping and prices are very good. I would recommend them to whoever is needing a cheap cone filter until they upgrade to the K&N. The filter was shipped to my house for $13 the ebay guy your referring to is NOT SO GOOD.. I have not had good dialect with them  Angry Angry Angry Angry

1996 Savage no mods YET..
savagespence   IP Logged
savageclay

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South Carolina
Reply #16 - 11/16/08 at 17:26:17

I just ordered on of these and I was wondering if someone can tell me what to do with the air line that goes to the top of the cylnder head cover? I have removed my old airbox so I need to know where I will put this with the cone filter installed.

Thanks!

IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 11/16/08 at 18:03:30

savageclay wrote on 11/16/08 at 17:26:17:
I just ordered on of these and I was wondering if someone can tell me what to do with the air line that goes to the top of the cylnder head cover? I have removed my old airbox so I need to know where I will put this with the cone filter installed.

Thanks!

Here is what I did with the oil breather hose.  I got the filter at Auto-Zone and it is washable stainless steel:

IP Logged
savageclay

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South Carolina
Reply #18 - 11/16/08 at 18:21:01

Thanks! I like that.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #19 - 11/16/08 at 19:48:57

Arthur wrote on 11/16/08 at 18:03:30:

Thanks!

Here is what I did with the oil breather hose.  I got the filter at Auto-Zone and it is washable stainless steel:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk80/tlukatch/OILBREATHER.jpg

Gort, can you send a picture with a wider view? it's a little tough to make out the exact locations.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 11/16/08 at 20:44:54

mick wrote on 11/16/08 at 19:48:57:
Arthur wrote on 11/16/08 at 18:03:30:

Thanks!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk80/tlukatch/OILBREATHER.jpg

Gort, can you send a picture with a wider view? it's a little tough to make out the exact locations.

Better?

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #21 - 11/17/08 at 04:18:52

Here is what I did, not that there is anything wrong with any other way. Just showing another way of doing it. I can't believe how much sound comes from that little filter. It is a crappy cellphone pic.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
I once had a mohawk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 11/17/08 at 05:44:09

I would like to clear up some confusion that I had when reading this post. I am intersted in doing this to my bike but when I tried to go to speedmoto.com as mentioned earlier in the post to buy a filter it was some site in another language that I could not read with links that did not work. Correct me if I am wrong lancer and savagespence but I do believe the correct site ishttp://www.speedmotoco.com/shop/. Just wanted to help out further savage guys/gals who like to tinker on their bike.

IP Logged
I once had a mohawk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 11/17/08 at 05:48:14

Does the existing air box/side covers have to be removed when doing this mod? I like the way the side covers look so if I could I would perfer to keep them when I add a cone filter.

IP Logged
il67bp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 11/17/08 at 09:47:56

im pretty sure you have to remove the airbox but you could always screw those painted panels back on and it should look the same even w/o the airbox there

IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 11/17/08 at 10:04:20

I once had a mohawk wrote on 11/17/08 at 05:48:14:
Does the existing air box/side covers have to be removed when doing this mod? I like the way the side covers look so if I could I would perfer to keep them when I add a cone filter.

I had to remove the airbox.

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #26 - 11/17/08 at 10:07:28

il67bp wrote on 11/17/08 at 09:47:56:
im pretty sure you have to remove the airbox but you could always screw those painted panels back on and it should look the same even w/o the airbox there

Actually if I remember correctly, the left side cover mounts to a bracket that is mounted on the airbox.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
kennycreed
Alliance Member

Island Of Lewis SCOTLAND
Reply #27 - 11/17/08 at 10:19:51

Be a doddle geting the carb on and off, that's next on my agenda

trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am
  IP Logged
savagespence

NEEEWBIE!!

Nashville,TN
Reply #28 - 11/17/08 at 10:48:10

I once had a mohawk wrote on 11/17/08 at 05:44:09:
I would like to clear up some confusion that I had when reading this post. I am intersted in doing this to my bike but when I tried to go to speedmoto.com as mentioned earlier in the post to buy a filter it was some site in another language that I could not read with links that did not work. Correct me if I am wrong lancer and savagespence but I do believe the correct site ishttp://www.speedmotoco.com/shop/. Just wanted to help out further savage guys/gals who like to tinker on their bike.

That is the correct address you have...

1996 Savage no mods YET..
savagespence   IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #29 - 11/17/08 at 10:50:00

You don't HAVE to take the air box out for a cone filter, but then you just have dead weight on your bike. Neither of the side panels will go back on with out the air box. At least not without some kind of bracket/mount work anyhow. If you get rid of the air box then you will need some kind of small filter like in the last few pics.

I thought about keeping the air box and sealing it off and using it to store things in.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:16:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › cone filter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.