Send Topic Print
front brake question (Read 67 times)
vandaman

Not all who wander
are lost

georgia
front brake question
11/02/08 at 13:58:37

I just put on a new front brake hose and bled my brakes till no more air was coming out but now i dont have any front brake has this ever happend to anyone and what do i do about it. thanks in advance for any help.

Bike info 2006 S40
Mods front fender delete, mini ape style bars, solo seat, boat trailer read fender, turn signal delete, free flow exhaust, ed.l forward controls, and pegs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: front brake question
Reply #1 - 11/02/08 at 14:05:14

YOU get a squirt if you open & squeeze? But after you close the bleed nipple & keep squeezing, the brakes dont go to the rotor?

You Did keep the master cylinder filled, right?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
vandaman

Not all who wander
are lost

georgia
Reply #2 - 11/02/08 at 16:05:36

after installing new hose i took the cover off the master cylinder add a little fluid and started  pumping with the master cylinder cover still off after pumping through about half of the fluid i added a little more after the bleed nipple quit squirting and only dripped i recovered the master cylinder cover, but still no brakes. note the whole time i was pumping the fluid through the brakes never tightened up. is that the correct way to do it or should i have had the master cylinder cover on when i did it?

Bike info 2006 S40
Mods front fender delete, mini ape style bars, solo seat, boat trailer read fender, turn signal delete, free flow exhaust, ed.l forward controls, and pegs
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 11/02/08 at 16:44:09

Shouldn't matter if the cover is on or off....  but  you should have to to go thru a lot of fluid to get the air out of a "new" hose.  Maybe one or two master cylinder full worth.  

Bleed brakes as in....  open the bleeder, pump & hold the lever, close bleeder. repeat repeat repeat.....

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 11/02/08 at 17:58:22

Brake lever out, light squeeze, open bleeder, slowly squeeze lever, close bleeder, let lever out, start it in, open bleeder, slowly squeeze lever( not Painfully slowly, justy dont see how fast you can squeeze it), close bleeder before letting the lever out any, repeat for a while,  You CAN use suction to pull the air thru & I would have filled the new brake line after I connected it to the calliper & before hooking it to the mnaster cylinder, Maybe a syringe would be helpful.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #5 - 11/02/08 at 18:33:01

tumi, from berts dead forum  helped me out.  detacht the master cyl from handle bar  raise it as high as it will go and tap on it as you pump it up.   sounds odd  but it worked for me...

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 08:30:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › front brake question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.