Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vetter - Windjammer install on a Savage S40 ? (Read 140 times)
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Vetter - Windjammer install on a Savage S40 ?
10/30/08 at 23:17:27

So, having had Vetter fairings in the past on bikes the same size and smaller than the Savage; and not complete satisfaction with my NC windshield (the expensive Dakota with the heavy duty hardware):

I'm about to install a Windjammer on one of my 3 Savages. Got a fair deal on the fairing and windshield; but of course got no bracket(s). In fact, of the hundreds (thousands?) of Savage pictures I've seen, I don't recall ever seeing one on a Savage S40. They may not have even made a factory bracket...(?)

Having done a lot of shop fabrication over the years; I'm confident that I can come up with a working bracket. Might even get the dang thing mounted about where it should go. May even get lucky and get it right the first time!

I've kind of mocked it up on sawhorses to get a general idea:

Might check out the big ol' solo seat I came across too:

Huge, but not as obscene as the HD police solo seat I've got laying around:

I've seen those BIG seats installed, but it didn't look to cool... The other one I have, I might be able to work with.

But most importantly, I need any help, especially pictures, anyone might be able to give with info on mounting the Vetter! Otherwise I'll have to wing it!  Grin

IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Re: Vetter - Windjammer install on a Savage S40 ?
Reply #1 - 10/31/08 at 18:11:01

i too have been toying with the idea of installing a vetter fairing. there was someone (its been awhile) that put one on a red savage. it looked awsome. i have searched and searched and cant find the post. i wish you luck.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #2 - 11/01/08 at 00:31:50

Good luck on the Vetter. Where o where did you get that awesome seat?! That will look waaaaay cooler than that police seat.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #3 - 11/02/08 at 23:17:02

rigidchop wrote on 10/31/08 at 18:11:01:
i too have been toying with the idea of installing a vetter fairing. there was someone (its been awhile) that put one on a red savage. it looked awsome. i have searched and searched and cant find the post. i wish you luck.

My searching the site turned up exactly one result: > Max joking with someone about possibly selling them a fairing. But I don't think even his "bagger" has a real fairing on it.

I dunno about looking awesome, but I weighed the one I've got mocked up on my old 87, and it only weighs 20 pounds without brackets. I bet that 5mm thick NC windshield with its heavy brackets weighs almost that much.

It really surprises me that this hasn't been attempted more. I'm thinking I'll get some of those cool hard bags that were posted on here after getting the Vetter mounted up.

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #4 - 11/02/08 at 23:20:24

Jay wrote on 11/01/08 at 00:31:50:
Good luck on the Vetter. Where o where did you get that awesome seat?! That will look waaaaay cooler than that police seat.

I'm afraid to disclose my supplier on those seats; because they may be limited supply, and if this one works good I may want at least one more!

Addition:

Besides the Windjammer and solo seat, the GZ250 fuel tank hanging on the wall in the background needs to be installed on this bike. Just one more gallon than our stock tank, but that should help a bit with the frequent fuel stops.

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #5 - 11/03/08 at 04:06:36

The GZ250 tank holds more?

After you buy another seat,if you do,then tell us where you got it Wink

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:36:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Vetter - Windjammer install on a Savage S40 ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.