Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
different risers? (Read 234 times)
blacksheep23

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: different risers?
Reply #15 - 10/31/08 at 15:10:18

I ordered my riser from d-z custom.U have the option for 4" or 1.5".Pretty neat I think.The only disadantage is u need to drill ur tripple tree plate to be able to fit in there.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #16 - 10/31/08 at 19:05:42

Drilling the top triple is a bad idea ...
I am working on a way to get some risers made that will work as is ...
Either making risers themselves or making a adapter thing that will let you run harley risers.
When its done, I may make and sell a few ... with my bare hands I tell ya ... get the metal and beat it and twist it and bash it and eat it ... but it will be done ...  Cheesy
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
blacksheep23

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 11/01/08 at 04:51:32

srinath wrote on 10/31/08 at 19:05:42:
Drilling the top triple is a bad idea ...
I am working on a way to get some risers made that will work as is ...
Either making risers themselves or making a adapter thing that will let you run harley risers.
When its done, I may make and sell a few ... with my bare hands I tell ya ... get the metal and beat it and twist it and bash it and eat it ... but it will be done ...  Cheesy
Cool.
Srinath.

How's it that a bad idea? Undecided

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 11/01/08 at 21:11:08

Top triple than these gigantic rubber doughnuts, the bars are not hard mounted, they are fitted into those, not in the case of the savage the rest of the triple is pretty thin, and the doughnut has a wall and its thickened around it. That prevents the chrome and steel of the bar and bolt from wearing and  destroying the cast aluminum of the triple. The triple gets good bit of bending and stressing from braking etc ... the crappy porus aluminum its made of is meant to take the load in 1 particular direction in 1 location ... somehting like that ... doughnuts sacrifice themselves with age, else it becomes a fight between the steel of the bolt and bar and theporus aluminum of the triple.
I will have to retain the original mount points for simple peace of mind.
Anyway, I am making some stuff specific to the savage, I'll put up a pic in a bit. All bikes use rubber mounts for their bars. Mostly its to kill vibration, but the additional factor is, the triples are not made well enough to take abrasion really.
Will you have a problem ? that depends on where you drilled it and how big the holes are. In general its structural and a bad idea to swiss cheese it.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 18:24:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › different risers?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.