Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Back on the road (2) haha (Read 82 times)
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Back on the road (2) haha
10/26/08 at 15:18:51

Well Toymaker, I also am back on the road after what seems like years (it's been months). Still need to work on the carb a little as it doesn't feel just right yet though. So for anyone interested, here's what happened.  Rebuilt the engine and did some other stuff while I was waiting and bored. New, chopped fender, painted the fender and tank metallic charcoal, sidemount plate (thanks Strangeling), removed about half the thickness of the stock seat and lowered it about an inch, muffler wrap, cone filter, new front and real signals (blacked out)..I ordered some straight handlebars but the company sent the wrong ones. Also have matching grips and pegs for when the bars arrive. Waiting on forward controls from Ed L and will possibly mod the tank also. Thanks to everyone's help, it appears I can ride again!

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Re: Back on the road (2) haha
Reply #1 - 10/26/08 at 15:22:14

One more thing, pretty much everything stock that you don't see will be getting sold, when I finalize the list I'll let everyone know. Those handlebars in the pic are for sale also. Only on the bike about 2 weeks before it stopped running. An idea of what I'll be getting rid of, front and rear fender, airbox, front signals, rear signals with rails and pillon minus rear pad, stock plate mount, right and left side airbox covers..etc. I'll let everyone know when I do.

96 Bobber - Screamin Eagle, header wrap, K+N cone filter, jetted, straight bar w/1.5" risers, solo seat, Ed. L fwd ctrls, custom rear fender, TKat, Metallic charcoal and polished all over.
  IP Logged
SavageGreaseMonkey13
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/26/08 at 17:18:29

good looking bike. its got a great profile and very clean. is it just me or is that rear fender off center from the tire?

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #3 - 10/26/08 at 18:33:05

Smiley Lookin' good.Smiley

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 10/26/08 at 18:44:27

Very nice!...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 10/26/08 at 18:50:49

A1fna   Smiley

love the charcoal instead of overused black.

I think you're supposed to mount the breather filter higher than the port so oil can drip back to the engine.

get some endcaps in those bars before they take a chunk of flesh.
7/8" bar ends work if you replace the washer that squeezes the rubber to a size just smaller than the ID of the bar.

WWW   IP Logged
88pagan

God is just an
imaginary friend for
adults..

Norco, California
Reply #6 - 10/27/08 at 05:49:40

Cool I'll look at moving the breather. Didn't know if it mattered since it went into the airbox before. I saw the fender did look off center in the pic so I went back out and checked it again. It is slightly to the right since I centered it on the frame where it mounts..I'm going to move it over a bit. Also, the seat isn't bolted down tight in that pic and my mods make it pull down a lot lower than stock so that's why it doesn't seem straight either. I'm surprised nobody mentioned the dent in the tank yet. About the ends of the bars, the new one's will be here this week and will receive the new grips. I'll post an updated pic to see what you guys think. Going to mess with the carb more today, didn't seem right on my ride yest. Think I need to pull couple of those washers out that I dropped back in and it's still too rich at idle. Anyone know if I could really possibly need a smaller than stock pilot jet? I'll post some more details when I get home today and test ride it some more

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 14:17:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Back on the road (2) haha

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.