Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Screaming Eagle Pipe = ticket (Read 368 times)
Tincanman
Serious Thumper

O~`o

Omaha, NE
Re: Screaming Eagle Pipe = ticket
Reply #15 - 10/20/08 at 08:28:26

I run an SE and my son runs a Dyna from a HD. they are both about the same level of noise but think he may have punched his out some. also the guys I ride with have no MUFFLERS AT ALL on there bikes and they are WAY louder than ours.  Id have to say that cop was BOARD that day.  Angry

Are we gona ride? or just dic around all day?
  IP Logged
Latimer

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Boston
Reply #16 - 10/20/08 at 08:33:27

sm96 wrote on 10/20/08 at 07:49:56:
I think that the cop being a Harley rider he wanted to bust b@lls.  

One of the first thing the cop said to me after I told him what the pipe was was "So you have a Harley pipe on a Japanese bike".... then he snickered.

IP Logged
zilla
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 10/20/08 at 12:42:48

I'd stick whatever manner of socks or steel wool in there to quiet it down. Then take it directly to the police station and have in inspected for compliance with the fix it ticket. Go home and pull the stuff out. Repeat as necessary. Ride in peace.

IP Logged
Spiff
2005 No Login

Your favorite band
sucks!

In the Spiff Bunker
Reply #18 - 10/20/08 at 13:07:11

zilla wrote on 10/20/08 at 12:42:48:
Ride in peace.

Did anyone else notice the irony of ending a post suggesting a way to keep illiegally loud pipes on a bike with "Ride in peace"?

Unfortunately, all the loud pipers on the road keep the rest of us from riding in peace...  Sad

"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them."
WWW   IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #19 - 10/20/08 at 13:36:20

Belmar, which is a few towns over from me began enforcing the new mc noise ordinance over the summer. They now have "roving" MC inspections. I've never been stopped, and it seems that the police around here really don't care one way or another. I'll keep riding with a loud pipe. I don't feel that I abuse the noise, and am considerate. Well, to a point anyway. I'll close down the throttle when waiting for a light with a car next to me, and won't rip past a car with little Johnny looking out of an open window. But I'll open up the throttle when going over the 2 lane bridge into Belmar. Had an SUV cut into my (right) lane on that bridge not too long ago. Looked down 150 feet to the water below while being squeezed between the SUV and short cement wall. Don't know if it was my horn or the Trapp that got him to move over.

We all have to live with each other's garbage. My loud pipe, and their cigarette butts out of the window and into my face. My loud pipe, and me breathing the smoke coming out of their loud pipe. My loud pipe, and them attempting to push me off of bridge, etc.

FSO
  IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #20 - 10/20/08 at 16:30:48

I'm also from Mass. In Newburyport there was one badge heavy Klingon that was ticketing every biker for excessive noise, I mean everybody that went anywhere near Newburport. Well, enough bikers and clubs bitched and complained so much to the town councilmen, he was removed from that duty. It was obvious he was overstepping the boundaries of common sense. Rise up I say and smite them verily!  Cheesy

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #21 - 10/20/08 at 16:49:33

Spiff wrote on 10/20/08 at 13:07:11:
zilla wrote on 10/20/08 at 12:42:48:
Ride in peace.

Did anyone else notice the irony of ending a post suggesting a way to keep illiegally loud pipes on a bike with "Ride in peace"?

Unfortunately, all the loud pipers on the road keep the rest of us from riding in peace...  Sad

Who is to say what is too loud? What is loud noise to some may be music to the ears of others. That's why if a loudness ordinance is to be enforced, it should be measured and not discriminate against a specific segment of the population. Like the sticker on the back of my helmet says, "If it's too loud, you're too old!"  I for one am way tired of people telling me what I can or can't do, from what I have to wear, to what I can eat. Too much interference from do-gooders who keep changing the rules to suit the latest trendy fashion. This used to be a fairly free and unfettered country. Now, not so much.

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #22 - 10/20/08 at 17:19:42

And where does it stop?

I went by a rock climber today.

His tires were louder than my trapp.

WWW   IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #23 - 10/24/08 at 15:54:51

Yeah, TN good ol' boys disregard for the presumption of innocence
This is a Safety & Security issue.
From the Dept of Biker Security:
Loud pipes save lives.
Hey, how many get run over by unsafe drivers talking on the phone each day???Roll Eyes
More distracted drivers requires LOUDER pipes on our bikes. F 'em better to be a live "outlaw".   Angry

savagespence wrote on 10/19/08 at 12:48:54:
Its the requirement of the defendant to prove its not within standards. Most laws vary alot from state to state...

That cop draws a govt check & bennies, watching cell phone killers all day long while  writing tickets to make you less safe, no skin off their retirement plans:

"Durham, N.C. — Police are investigating a fatal accident involving a motorcycle on U.S.-70 West near the Interstate 85 split Saturday afternoon.

The accident occurred around 4 p.m. when a motorcycle driven by Jack Rigsbee, 42, of Durham, went out of control while merging onto U.S. 70 East from Interstate 85 North, officials said. The motorcycle crossed the eastbound lanes of U.S. 70 and hit a deep gulley in the median, causing Rigsbee to be thrown from the motorcycle onto the westbound lanes of U.S. 70.

Investigators believe Rigsbee may have been struck by a vehicle on U.S. 70 West, but the driver did not stop. Rigsbee, who was wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Investigators are trying to locate the vehicle that may have hit Rigsbee. It is possibly a dark-colored sport-utility vehicle. Investigators said it is possible the driver was unaware of the accident.

Huntsville Times Motorcyclist killed in hit and run

A motorcyclist stopped at a University Drive traffic signal was killed tonight when a car that witnesses said was traveling at a high rate of speed plowed into the back of the motorcycle...

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A motorcyclist was killed after an accident in Lyndon.Metro police officers said the motorcyclist collided with a car just before 10 p.m. Wednesday on New Lagrange Road near Lyndon Lane.Investigators said the victim was heading west on New Lagrange when a car pulled out in front of him.The motorcyclist was taken to University Hospital, where he later died."Obviously, it's still a very dangerous situation. I stress again that people need to be aware that motorcyclists are on the road and consider all of the drivers when operating," Louisville Metro Police Department Detective Phil Russell said. "Unfortunately, it looks like a tragic accident."Russell said the motorcyclist was wearing a helmet.Police have not released his name, but investigators said he is in his late 20s...
Its pretty sad... I was riding with this guy just the night before.... Basically a car pulled right out in front of him".........................

« Last Edit: 10/24/08 at 18:05:59 by Mr 650 »  

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 14:28:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Screaming Eagle Pipe = ticket

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.