Send Topic Print
oldfeller's air filter (Read 109 times)
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
oldfeller's air filter
10/12/08 at 21:24:48

Well, as long as I was following in the footsteps of ol' cranky pants jumping into "the dark side" I thought what the hey . . . I did the oldfeller air filter mod as well. Easy as pie ala mode to do and I have enough 2" thick material left to do a cushy pad to go on top of my gel pad on top of my V-Star saddle seat. I just hope my feet still reach the ground.

I was surprised at how much air really flows through a 2" thick pad of material. Hold it over your face and there's no restriction in your breathing at all. Not to mention that my neighbor's oil belching lawn mower stench almost disappeared. I read the label on the cooking spray can and didn't see any mention of flour or anything else that looked like it could have ever been a powder of any sort.

I've been using paper car air filters for the last couple years that I cut down to fit in the filter tray. After switching to the Feller Inc. air filter I think I'm getting a bit more oomph when I give it the gas at road speeds. I've not pulled the snorkel, taken off the side panel or adjusted the carb any since the change over. I know there's a better seal with this filter in place so less dust, etc. is going to get in. And saving the few dollars a couple times a season is fine by me.

Jack

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: oldfeller's air filter
Reply #1 - 10/12/08 at 22:51:22

Sounds like a good mod.  You should get a little boost out of it.

Speaking of car air filters,...I bought a k/n car filter from wallymart for $20.00 and cut it in half for a perfect fit in my Savage...can't remember what the number was, but width and height were perfect and length was exactly double.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: oldfeller's air filter
Reply #2 - 10/13/08 at 02:58:58

As long as you keep the snorkle in place you don't HAVE to pull the air door.  If you pull the snorkle you must pull the door, otherwise the concentrated air blast will try to take your filter apart and you must have a lot of thread/stitching to try to hold it together.  Snorkle out, air door on = bad.

Try leaving off your air door for a bit -- the moan when you twist her tit is really noticeable and she runs noticeably harder (to me anyway).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 01:28:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › oldfeller's air filter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.