Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I refuse to keep my Trapp shut (Read 207 times)
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
I refuse to keep my Trapp shut
10/09/08 at 17:28:31

Ok, so it's been about a weeks since I went from no end cap/disks to open end cap/6 disks on my SuperTrapp. The only difference I notice is that it's obviously quieter. It's by no means quiet, just quieter. I was hoping for a performance boost, but don't see any at all.

I'll be removing the end cap and disks tomorrow, and will chalk it up to inexperience. I will then ride under as many overpasses I can find to bring that shite eatin grin back.

FSO
  IP Logged
saluteTOme

Newark, DE
Re: I refuse to keep my Trapp shut
Reply #1 - 10/09/08 at 17:43:31

which exhaust you have?

Have far are you from the Delaware memorial bridge?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 10/09/08 at 18:11:23

Why? have you heard him go by?   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
saluteTOme

Newark, DE
Reply #3 - 10/09/08 at 18:13:53

haha...NO! but if he's close by, we could meet up or go cruising or w.e one day (in a totally non-gay sorta way, although I am not knocking that...ok, no more PC crap...)

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #4 - 10/09/08 at 18:43:25

I think it's this one: http://www.denniskirk.com/1/1/51054-supertrapp-4-megaphone-slip-ons-728-50650....

I'm a couple of hours away from the bridge. Maybe a winter ride? Do you do -32FH?

FSO
  IP Logged
saluteTOme

Newark, DE
Reply #5 - 10/09/08 at 18:56:47

photojoe FSO wrote on 10/09/08 at 18:43:25:
I think it's this one: http://www.denniskirk.com/1/1/51054-supertrapp-4-megaphone-slip-ons-728-50650....

I'm a couple of hours away from the bridge. Maybe a winter ride? Do you do -32FH?

a couple hours? haha. I used to live in Edison and thats just under two hour drive. I dont think you're further then that, although I know your close to the shore. I'm up for a winter ride once I feel more comfortable to go up 95/295. I only just started riding. 32FH?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 10/09/08 at 21:30:51

You may need to invcrease back pressure to get a boost. Too little is not good, either..OldFeller showed someone how it went. I thik it was him Innyway

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #7 - 10/10/08 at 05:30:17

Truth is that I don't really understand much about the whole exhaust thing. SuperTrapp does have pretty active forums, maybe I'll join and post. Things have changed a lot since the early 80's when we used to buy plain old straight pipes. I think I paid $60 for the pair for my 72 Sportster and installed them in the parking lot of the parts place. But yes, I agree that back pressure is important. I figured that adding disks would increase pressure, but like I said, I haven't noticed anything other that the sound changing.

SaluteTOme: Just kidding about the 32FH (32 degrees farenheight). I'm up for a ride one day. I'm a few miles east of GSP exit 100. The time it takes me to get to the bridge depends on which roads I take to get there. It's a little over 100 miles from here to the end of the Parkway. Could take 195 to 95, which is probably the straightest route. The nicest route would be 33 or 70 west to 95.

A couple more cups of coffee and that end cap and disks are gone.

FSO
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #8 - 10/10/08 at 07:21:27

There we go, all done. I'm back to the sound I'm accustomed to. Loud enough to annoy the neighbor who decides to use his weed wacker at 7:00 A.M. on my day off. Although It may confuse the little dog next door who runs along the fence barking when I ride by. I'll look for the raised ears and tilted head.

FSO
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 10/10/08 at 07:43:40

If my neighbor woke me on my day off with a weed eater Id ask him not to. If it continued, Id be waking him on his.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #10 - 10/11/08 at 18:54:24

Hmmmmm....  the Waaa Waaa Waaa drone .....

A spring ride to the shore might be good.....

PhotoJoe was on the PA ride and I was behind him.  I have a Screaming Eagle (clone??) which is moderately loud (I added a baffle).   Well, my '01 5-spd and his '87 4-spd run at slightly different RPM's at the same speed.   With the un-trapped Super-trapp pointed straight back at me, the result was a weird oscillation of noise cancellation.   Almost hypnotic at first....

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #11 - 10/12/08 at 13:36:13

I had a great time in Pa. What a ride tearing arse through those hills. A blast.

Hey, I'm up for hosting a shore run in the spring but feel that it will be disappointing to the people visiting. Potholes, congestion and a few near-misses a day can get on ones nerves. Now, the "Eastern Shore" would be a good ride. The Jersey shore? I'm ashamed to say that it's not really fun to ride around here in the spring. I usually head west towards the farm land to ride. Good roads, but they couldn't hold a candle to Pa. in terms of fun, twisties and light traffic.

FSO
  IP Logged
saluteTOme

Newark, DE
Reply #12 - 10/12/08 at 17:56:20

I have a perfect idea!

DE shore drive. Drive from Lewes, DE to Ocean City, MD

IP Logged
sm96
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Toms River NJ
Reply #13 - 10/13/08 at 10:59:51

I agree with photojoe about the near misses. Living in Toms River right by the bridge to Seaside Heights is nasty in the late spring to early fall. That's because of the BENNIES. That is what we call the people who invade the jersey shore between memorial day and labor day.  My wife and I head west and then towards south Jersey. The roads there arent crowded and the only down side is the lack of gas stations. If you want to get a ride together in New Jersey I am willing to help you if you want. The ride in Delaware sounds cool to. I am all for a nice spring time ride.

96 Red - 150 main and the rest is stock. Looking to do upgrades and modifications over the winter.
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #14 - 10/15/08 at 08:49:00

Great idea about the Delmarva ride. I've done it on my Sporty some years back. GSP to Toms River, meet up with sm96, back on the GSP south to Cape May. Take Cape May Ferry to Lewes DE., remove helmets (for those who care to) meet up with Salute, ride the peninsula into Ocean City and hang there for a while. Head a little further south to http://www.assateagueisland.com/ to see the wild horses. Get some pix of our iron horses with them. Maybe head across the pond to Chincoteague.

We'll start a thread in the cafe around March and see who wants to join us. Great roads in Maryland, a bit west of Ocean City. All flat land but plenty of twisties. This will be an overnighter.

By the way, very funny reply be Verslagen "Why? have you heard him go by?" Shar got a kick out of that also.

FSO
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 21:26:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I refuse to keep my Trapp shut

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.