Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new mirror setup (Read 192 times)
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
new mirror setup
10/06/08 at 16:42:15

I was experimenting with a new single mirror setup.  

IP Logged
SavageGreaseMonkey13
Ex Member

Re: new mirror setup
Reply #1 - 10/06/08 at 17:09:59

cool idea. any more pics of the set up close up. i only run one mirror because i have to to pass inspection and that looks like a good way to do it. can you still see anything behind you?

IP Logged
Tincanman
Serious Thumper

O~`o

Omaha, NE
Reply #2 - 10/06/08 at 17:11:20

well if nothing else thats a D*&# wicked straight bar!!!

Are we gona ride? or just dic around all day?
  IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #3 - 10/06/08 at 17:36:48

Does your elbow end up obstructing some of the view? Are you able to get a full, safe view of the left lane? Have you thought about mounting it from the bar ends in some way if you do not want to go topside like normal?

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #4 - 10/06/08 at 20:05:55

It came with a handlebar mount that I put on the opposite side riser.  The angle of the stem is required for both viewing and to keep the mirror from hitting the tank at max left turn.  It shows the view behind me in the area between the seat and under my arm.  The top quarter of the view is obstructed by the left control housing.  But I can see better than I did with my dual custom mirrors that showed my shoulders very well.  I've ridden with it like this for 2 days.  It's not bad at all but I'll probably tinker around and see what else I can do with it.  

These are the mirrors I did have.  One broke off 2 days ago.  That's what prompted me to try something else.

IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #5 - 10/07/08 at 01:26:54

I like the looks of the straight bars and the cateye tail light. Very cool. I'm always amazed at how different this bike can look with all the creative options.

Here's what I was thinking about for bar-end mounting. Just another option if you do not want to go traditional and if the lower mount is not giving you a safe view.

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #6 - 10/07/08 at 05:41:44

Is that the Oberon bar-end mirror.  Those seem like one of the highest quality bar-end mirrors available.  It's funny, there are tons of bar-end mirrors for sale that fit inside 7/8" bars but very few for 1" or larger bars.  It's like companies made them years ago and everyone stopped at imports went to a standard 1" bar.

IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #7 - 10/07/08 at 15:38:50

Yes. That's a pic of the Oberons. Seems like it would be the best setup for your straight bars. I've seen some cat eye bar end mirrors too, but I cant remember who makes them. If I run across them again I'll post a link.

IP Logged
wrenchbender

wild side of the Great Lk
Reply #8 - 10/08/08 at 15:02:51

Your mirror set-up looks pretty kool, should prove effective in checking your shirt for drippings from your last meal too.

IP Logged
dropoutjohn
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 10/09/08 at 00:28:05

bmw used that set-up back in the day on the /2, but one mirror per side though and mounted on the head light.

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #10 - 10/10/08 at 10:56:19

Cool about the BMW.  I didn't know that.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 10/10/08 at 16:48:13

Wonder what "Down & Away" from the turn sig brackets would work like?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 16:23:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new mirror setup

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.