Send Topic Print
Cheap Flasher (Read 183 times)
savage_sax
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cheap Flasher
09/24/08 at 14:28:40

I notice many questions about flashers.  Someone posted a response that universal flashers from an automotive parts store would work.  Well, I've just proven that theory myself.  Rather that spend $25 for a used OEM unit from Ebay, I spent less that $5 for a standard 2-pin version from Pep Boys.  Although the replacement part is round rather than square, it fit fine in the rubber holder and the tank fit over it with no problems.  Instead of cutting the original connector (in case someone ever wants to go back to an OEM flasher, I spliced into the wires behind the connector and tucked to wires into the frame.  

This forum is a great place to learn cheaper ways to get the job done, gain courage to try working on your Savage yourself and whine about the tank size.  Thanks to all my brothers and sisters who contribute.  May your Savage beast take you where you've never gone before!

Savage Sax Cheesy

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Re: Cheap Flasher
Reply #1 - 09/24/08 at 16:19:26

Here I thought I was going to apply for a job.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #2 - 09/25/08 at 08:28:23

Not this guy??

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
savage_sax
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/25/08 at 16:09:59

Ok guys!  Enough with the "flasher" jokes!  (But they were funny!)  I also installed economy toilets in my house.  Would that make me a cheap flusher?

IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #4 - 09/25/08 at 16:26:14

An interesting historical fact is that the guy in the "Expose yourself to Art" was actually Bud Clark, who became the mayor of the city of Portland, OR.   I lived in Portland when Bud was mayor..never a dull time!

http://www.art.com/asp/sp-asp/_/pd--10036661/Expose_Yourself_to_Art.htm

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 09/25/08 at 16:26:51

No,...That makes you a cheap flusher,...They're just economy toilets....Arrr!,..Arrr!,..Arrr!

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 09/25/08 at 20:35:48

savage_sax wrote on 09/25/08 at 16:09:59:
Ok guys!  Enough with the "flasher" jokes!  (But they were funny!)  I also installed economy toilets in my house.  Would that make me a cheap flusher?

Ummm....  did you install four of them?

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #7 - 10/09/08 at 10:35:23

Not to dig up and beat a dead horse but I was looking at these newer flashers at the store and then looking at it on my bike. My bike is an 05 S40 (savage, Whatever) and it has the 4 way flashers on it. So then instead of the on with the L shape prongs I would need one with 4 prongs. is there one that someone has tried or did you just forget about the 4 way flashers all together?

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
savage_sax
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/09/08 at 13:16:04

Since they are so cheap, go ahead and try one.  Take off the old one to see how many prongs are on it and get one with the same number of prongs.  You will have to adapt the wiring. I attached quick splices on the wires just behind the original connector.  You'll have to experiment to get the right wires to the right prongs on the flasher.  Good luck!

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #9 - 10/09/08 at 13:24:46

Savage_Amusement wrote on 10/09/08 at 10:35:23:
Not to dig up and beat a dead horse but I was looking at these newer flashers at the store and then looking at it on my bike. My bike is an 05 S40 (savage, Whatever) and it has the 4 way flashers on it. So then instead of the on with the L shape prongs I would need one with 4 prongs. is there one that someone has tried or did you just forget about the 4 way flashers all together?

only two prong on 05 wiring diagram,hazard sw has three wires,per suzuki service manual
btw retrobikes.com has audible flashers for $10

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #10 - 10/09/08 at 13:52:20

I have had my bike apart a hundred times and I guess I'm just that retarded that I don't see a two prong relay anywhere. Hmm, I will look again when I have my tank off next..... again.. lol. Thanks.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 21:22:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cheap Flasher

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.