Send Topic Print
Missing and backfiring (Read 194 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Missing and backfiring
Reply #15 - 09/26/08 at 11:48:39

NOOOOO, I'm the guy who hits the starter!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mwilso94
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #16 - 09/26/08 at 16:38:09

Hey - I had a problem similar to this not too long ago on my 87 Savage. Turned out my negative battery cable wasn't tight on the battery. Just a quick, easy thing to check.

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 09/27/08 at 04:42:39

So it misses beat under no load as well... Check all connections and jacks in CDI circuit, starting with battery. Loooong and boring job, but...

Also, I would unscrew the tank loose, raise it somehow by inch or two and cranck up the bike at night. Check for sparks leak and funny auras around coil/cable etc... Old trick from 2 decades ago...

IP Logged
wvhunter62
YaBB Newbies

Reply #18 - 09/28/08 at 05:42:35

After I snuck up on it(following the backfire was brilliant) I switched out the coil, checked all connections, and tightened the neg battery cable(it was a little loose)fired it up and put 40 miles on with no problems. Now I guess I can tear into the cam chain thing-a-ma-doodle. I will probably send it to verslagen1 for the mod, it looks much better than the stock version. Thanks for the help everyone.

When you receive the news that my guns have been confiscated,you will know that I am dead.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:24:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Missing and backfiring

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.