Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New RAASK Muffler information (Read 292 times)
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
New RAASK Muffler information
09/24/08 at 07:46:27

I have a friend in Sweden who has provided this information on the Raask muffler systems for the Savage.

-      the 60mm Dragpipes now come in two parts - header and muffler. This certainly makes it easier to ship and you have the ability to change out the muffler.
-      the front/header pipe is twin walled, the outer pipe is 60mm and the inner pipe is 50.8mm or roughly 2 inches.
-      there are three new mufflers designed to fit the header: the Minizoom, the Roadster and the Decibel  -   http://www.raask.se/
-      the mufflers have a perforated tube wrapped in fiberglass to quiet the sound slightly from the Dragpipe.
-      the header is 60mm and has a 38mm pipe at the end to accommodate the muffler or Dragpipe.
-      the diameter of the new muffler’s, where they slip into the header, are slightly smaller and therefore there is a small gap around the outer pipe. You can see what I mean in the photos.

My friend can obtain the 2 piece Dragpipe for $305.00. If you are interested in substituting the Dragpipe for one of the other three mufflers it’s an additional $45 – total $350.00.

The shipping to any address in the US or Canada is what escalates the price. $125.00 for one set, $165.00 for two, around $230.00 for three and so on. In order to save a few dollars Savage owners would have to combine their purchase, have it sent to one address and then either pick it up from the selected member’s location or have it shipped to them.

So, as an example, for a Raask header and Decibel muffler shipped to a single location in North America the cost would be $475.00 ($350 + $125). If two members went together they could split the cost of shipping at $165, so the total cost of the system would be $432.50, 3 members would be $426.67 and so on.

What I don’t know about is whether there would be customs and/or excise tax on top of those prices.

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
Moofed
Alliance Member

...and the engine
just gleams...

Bloomington, Indiana
Re: New RAASK Muffler information
Reply #1 - 09/25/08 at 08:59:48

Thanks for the info!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the 38mm part about the same internal size as the oem header pipe?  And if so, doesn't that negate the advantage of the pipe being 50mm?  Huh

« Last Edit: 09/26/08 at 07:23:08 by Moofed »  

WWW Moofed MoofedOne   IP Logged
KwakNut

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sheffield, England, mostly.
Reply #2 - 09/25/08 at 15:37:47

I think the original header ID is only about 1¼" - 32mm or so.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
--General George S. Patton
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #3 - 09/26/08 at 06:30:57

Very good info. The quote I got from the US Raask dealer was $650 delivered...

I'm not ready for one yet... but maybe sometime next summer I'd be looking to make a bulk buy with others if there's enough interest. Heck, even buying just 1 would be cheaper than going through the US dealer.

(I got quoted on the full length, single pipe though... Not the newer versions)

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Texas-1-lunger

Iraq Vet

Reply #4 - 10/02/08 at 17:32:00

so the drag pipe and header are just $305 ?

1st Cav 1st Team!
  IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #5 - 10/03/08 at 02:01:08

The way I read it is that the 2-piece drag pipe is $305 before shipping charges. Add $125 shipping (unless you can arrange a group buy locally) and 5% customs and you're around  $445 delivered for the 2-pc drag pipe.

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #6 - 10/04/08 at 07:06:26

If 5% is the customs duty then $445.00 is correct.

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 20:34:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New RAASK Muffler information

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.