Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
silencer (Read 93 times)
kennycreed
Alliance Member

Island Of Lewis SCOTLAND
silencer
09/22/08 at 00:31:23

HuhHi, I just bought a spitzen sound auspuff from german ebay. no 260285035306 my german is nill, I think its some kind of silencer, they said it will change the exhaust sound of the bike, mine sounds a bit like a bee farting in a milk bottle after a night out on the necter. My thoughts are when I fit it on, will I have to fiddle around with the carb tuning,,all the best,k  Undecided

trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am
  IP Logged
Moofed
Alliance Member

...and the engine
just gleams...

Bloomington, Indiana
Re: silencer
Reply #1 - 09/22/08 at 06:41:28

I haven't heard of that exhaust before, but it is in your best interest to fiddle with the carb tuning when doing anything that changes the mixture.  Wink

WWW Moofed MoofedOne   IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Re: silencer
Reply #2 - 09/22/08 at 12:47:45

The technical manual says if it sounds like a bee farting in a milk bottle, you should adjust the mixture.  Tweak it 1/3 of the length of the bee's antennae towards the nearest bee hive.  

On the other hand, if it sounds like a dragonfly taking a whiz on a gum wrapper, leave it alone.

Oh wait... I'm looking at the Field Guide to Insects. Let me check the Clymers and get back to you  Cheesy

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 06:31:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › silencer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.