Send Topic Print
Lost Tool Cover (Read 65 times)
calalli
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lost Tool Cover
09/20/08 at 08:16:21

I replaced my battery this week with one that had the vent tube on the wrong side. I had to cut a notch in the battery holder and it seemed ok.  Apparently not.  I put the tool cover back on early in the morning and rode to work.  Two days later, I noticed it was gone.

What do I do now?  I can order a replacement, but what do I do about the key, do I have to get the whole mechanism?  A used one seems to have the same problems.  I am not a fabricator at all, but is there a different solution I can take?

I knew I should have parked it and waited to order a big crank  Sad

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Lost Tool Cover
Reply #1 - 09/20/08 at 08:34:03

You can order a replacement tool box cover from any of the OEM suppliers.  Get the one with a cylinder, they sell with and w/o

you can also get a used one and rekey it
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1197567326
try to get one of the same year

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 09/20/08 at 09:42:23

Ignore it.  Its function is to hide/secure your tools.  If you do not need this function you do not need the part.  This is how an honest Ratbike starts.  (as opposed to the poser ratbikes that are designed to look ratty.)

Did you still have your tools?  Get a small fork or sissybar mounted leather tool bag -- which will allow you to carry mo' better tools.  See!  It's a win-win situation.

WWW   IP Logged
calalli
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/20/08 at 15:12:08

Thanks for the responses.  I will keep an eye on ebay for a replacement, and run it as is for now. I am glad to see that thread on rekeying the tool box.  I did not search back far enough.

Paladin, the tools have been in fork bag for a while, I lost the cover and fuses.  yea, it is starting to look like a rat bike, dings when I bought it, dings when I dropped it, dings when I get clumsy, now a missing tool box.   I may try to clean it up over the winter, but maybe not Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:22:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Lost Tool Cover

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.