Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Genuine Suzuki Windshield (Read 108 times)
Bear

Electrical Engineer
- Retired - Ridin'
for 43 yrs

Central Washington State
Genuine Suzuki Windshield
09/19/08 at 18:56:13

There have been some posts from folks that really didn't like The Genuine Suzuki part # 990A0-70007.  I just installed one today on my 2008 and there are some things that are good about it.
1. It is made in USA
2. The brackets fit the bike perfectly, none of this "one size fits most" baloney.
3.  It is attractive and proportional for the S40.
4.  It does not effect the handling of the bike, like a larger windshield would.
5.  I have had windshields that when you take your hands off the grips, they start to wobble the whole front end, kind of like a trout spoon in the breeze.  This one mounts firmly and is stable.
6. It takes the pressure off your head and chest at 60 and above, for a less tiring ride.
There is a DOWN side:
1. Most dealers don't stock them and I had one on backorder for over a month.  Finally got new one off Ebay for $95 delivered.
2.  They are not tall enough for riders over 5'10".  I am that height and with the windshield mounted as high as possible, my forehead is in the turbulant air.  If I sit up real straight, this is NOT the one to buy. Top of windshield should be about 2.5 inches below your line of sight.  This one is about 4.
Result: It is fine for what it is and I would buy it again. You taller folks better keep looking.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Genuine Suzuki Windshield
Reply #1 - 09/19/08 at 19:30:24

this year i took a trip to farmington nm 225 miles from here in west colo..the bug screen IS TOO small...still got carp in my teeth( i know dont smile but how can you not on the ls?)bugs off my head(no helmet laws here in the four corners region)one good thing kept the wind noise off my handlebar mounted speakers so anytime under 70 mph(3" hard chrome slash cut muff)could enjoy the tunes....

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 09/19/08 at 21:18:14

Just got a national fly shield and this is my summer shield   Grin

Turbulence hits me below my neck, head no longer bobbles in the wind.  Of course, got to close the face shield or I'm drowning in air.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/20/08 at 06:37:08

I agree with Bear!  I'm 5'11 and yes it would be better if it was just a bit taller, however, it does a good job keeping the wind off of your chest and overall i'm happy with it, plus I think it matches the bike perfectly.   Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 04:20:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Genuine Suzuki Windshield

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.