Send Topic Print
Hagon Shock Bushing? (Read 86 times)
thumps
YaBB Newbies

Less Is More

Seattle, WA
Hagon Shock Bushing?
09/16/08 at 17:58:55

Maybe I missed something...I just received a pair of Dave Quinn Hagon shocks Part# 28001 for the LS650, and the bushing on them is too small for the studs on the frame and the lower bolts.  Did they send me the wrong ones, or do I need to modify them?  I have searched relentlessy through the forums but no one else seems to have run into this problem...Any ideas would be appreciated, thanx-thumps

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Re: Hagon Shock Bushing?
Reply #1 - 09/16/08 at 20:25:03

Darn! It's been a while since I installed my Hagons, and I did both the Suzi and the Triumph at the same time.  I do remember some things being a tight, but not impossible, fit.  I also seem to recall using a hard rubber mallet at one point.

I also remember that it was a pain in the butt getting shocks on with no center stand!  

They work great once you get them on!

Hope the photo helps!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
thumps
YaBB Newbies

Less Is More

Seattle, WA
Reply #2 - 10/04/08 at 01:31:04

Live and learn...as per Dave Quinn, the Savage has smaller shock posts and lower bolt mounts...and the Hagon bushings for the Savage are lined with a steel sleeve, however the S40 Hagon bushings are just rubber and have no sleeve.  This is due to the wider (in diameter) shock mounts on the S40...(even though the stock S40 shock bushings are sleeved they are too big to transfer to the Hagons).  In case anyone reads this, or is  going to order the Hagons, make sure you specify to Dave Q whether your frame is an S40 or Savage, as each have different bushings.  And Holy Crapp, what a difference in handling the Hagons make!!!  What a trip!  When viewed side by side, the stock shock looks heavier duty and more up to the task compared to the spartan appearance of the Hagon.

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #3 - 10/04/08 at 21:17:26

Well, if you like the Hagons on the back, try putting a Superbrace or TKAT fork brace on the front end!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 02:23:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hagon Shock Bushing?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.