Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Clutch reassembly problems (Read 53 times)
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Clutch reassembly problems
09/16/08 at 15:22:31

As some of you may recall, I recently broke my release cam removing the clutch cover.  I got the new part in today, and now it doesn't seem to want to go back together.  As far as I can tell, everything is assembled correctly, but when I put the clutch cover back on (no bolts, just in place), the release arm is all but slack, and will not travel far enough upward.  (If I pull on the clutch cable, the clutch cover pops off).  If I reinstall the bolts on the clutch cover, I only get about about an inch of travel in the clutch cable before it stops.  (Feels like I'm gonna brake something again if I keep pulling.)  Push rod, guide, bearing and release plate all seem to be in good order.  Didn't want to take anything else apart if I didn't have to.  The rod is sticking out of the guide/plate between 7/16ths and a half and inch.  Anybody got any ideas?

Red '97, cone filter, 150 main, 52.5 Pilot, half spacer, Screaming Eagle turnout, 17/43 chain drive, shield, de-badged, 4" forward control extensions. Gettin' there.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Clutch reassembly problems
Reply #1 - 09/16/08 at 20:40:20

clutch cover popping off... normal

An inch of travel in the clutch cable, wow!  I only get a 1/4"

WWW   IP Logged
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Re: Clutch reassembly problems
Reply #2 - 09/17/08 at 14:27:01

Turns out the clutch cable was loose as well.  After tightening everything back up, looks like she's gonna run great.  The tip about clutch cable travel is what got me thinking.... Thanks verslagen.

Red '97, cone filter, 150 main, 52.5 Pilot, half spacer, Screaming Eagle turnout, 17/43 chain drive, shield, de-badged, 4" forward control extensions. Gettin' there.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 07:49:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clutch reassembly problems

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.