Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
camshaft sprocket (Read 40 times)
kennycreed
Alliance Member

Island Of Lewis SCOTLAND
camshaft sprocket
09/16/08 at 14:12:13

Hi all, got my new cam chain on but it seems to be sitting slightly proud on the sprocket, only noticed it after I put the clutch and the tensioner back on when I was checking the timing,It looks slightly high on the teeth. Before I take it all a part again to check, does anybody know if this is common with a new chain or is there different size teeth alternately on the sprocket, or am I just imagining things and once the engine is running the chain will bed in, it will be a pain having to take it all apart again,, all the best kenny

trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am
  IP Logged
markbacon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

New Zealand
Re: camshaft sprocket
Reply #1 - 09/16/08 at 14:48:31

The cam chain is what's known as a "silent" chain - see http://chain-guide.com/applications/1-6-3-inverted-tooth-chain.html. You should see daylight between the chain and sprocket because it's only the tip and middle of the teeth that engage with silent chains.

IP Logged
kennycreed
Alliance Member

Island Of Lewis SCOTLAND
Re: camshaft sprocket
Reply #2 - 09/16/08 at 15:15:32

Got you, and a big THANK YOU!! it's seeing the daylight through it that made me wonder if it was sitting properly on the sprocket. If I had any hair left I would be pulling it out at the thought of taking it all apart again''all the best to you and yours,,,kenny

trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 21:55:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › camshaft sprocket

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.