Carb question (Read 88 times)
SuperD201
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

SC
Carb question
09/15/08 at 08:35:01

I took my gas tank off and noticed I have two vacuum lines coming off the back of the carb about mid way up both hoses are angled toward the front of the bike, but they are not connected to anything. Where are they supposed to connect. One of the hoses is shown as part number 21 on page 188 of the manual but it doesn't show it connected to anything. Thanks

IP Logged
Mattdw

Frisco, TX
Re: Carb question
Reply #1 - 09/15/08 at 08:41:24

Those are just bowl vents. They are not vacuum lines. They do not connect to anything.

IP Logged
SuperD201
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

SC
Reply #2 - 09/15/08 at 08:43:42

thanks, had me worried

IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #3 - 09/24/08 at 18:15:27

Okay, I've read the Carb 101, Carb Primer and Carb Specs.  I have removed the white spacer, brass plug and did the idle mixture screw thing.  It idles and runs fine with backfiring after about 3 seconds of hard decel from higher engine rpm.  I took the bike apart to do some mods.  Among the mods is a change to a sportster muffler and I will be adding a pod air filter. Sitting in my lap at this very moment is the Jetset pack that I just got with the new pilot jet as well as the main jet in sizes 150, 152.5 and 155.   I've read on here were some have changed the main jet but left the stock pilot jet.  Other's have changed both.  I see people on here using all 3 of the main jet sizes.  I've searched the forum before posting this question but I didn't seem to find a definite setup that I should start with.

Question 1- with the sportster muffler and pod filter, should I try the 150, 152.5 or 155 main jet first?

Question 2- should I keep the stock pilot jet or change out to the new one?

Question 3- shouuld I add one or more of the little washers that came with the Jetset?

Somebody please give me opinions on the best starting configuration.  

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #4 - 09/24/08 at 18:52:57

diamond jim wrote on 09/24/08 at 18:15:27:
Okay, I've read the Carb 101, Carb Primer and Carb Specs.  I have removed the white spacer, brass plug and did the idle mixture screw thing.  It idles and runs fine with backfiring after about 3 seconds of hard decel from higher engine rpm.  I took the bike apart to do some mods.  Among the mods is a change to a sportster muffler and I will be adding a pod air filter. Sitting in my lap at this very moment is the Jetset pack that I just got with the new pilot jet as well as the main jet in sizes 150, 152.5 and 155.   I've read on here were some have changed the main jet but left the stock pilot jet.  Other's have changed both.  I see people on here using all 3 of the main jet sizes.  I've searched the forum before posting this question but I didn't seem to find a definite setup that I should start with.

Question 1- with the sportster muffler and pod filter, should I try the 150, 152.5 or 155 main jet first?

Question 2- should I keep the stock pilot jet or change out to the new one?

Question 3- shouuld I add one or more of the little washers that came with the Jetset?

Somebody please give me opinions on the best starting configuration.  

Diamond Jim,
 This should probably be a separate post.....  the answers can be long.....  

Can you start a new one.......

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
diamond jim
Serious Thumper

North Alabama
Reply #5 - 09/24/08 at 19:41:15

Will do.  Thanks.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home