ebay? savage related (Read 108 times)
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
ebay? savage related
09/13/08 at 18:26:47

why is it when i look for parts for the savage, i look at all three savage, ls650, s40 and later on someone will post a link to a part that has been on ebay for awhile, but didnt show up in my search? they even say savage or s40 or ls650 in the sellers title.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Re: ebay? savage related
Reply #1 - 09/13/08 at 18:30:02

When you search fleabay, make sure you specify all categories.

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 09/13/08 at 18:33:58

Don't know.  Sometimes I surprise myself by changing the search to what I'm looking for and then find something for the savage in the list.

I don't think the search tools are fool proof (present company excluded of course)   Grin

And it may be something to do with the way the seller lists it. I don't know if they have to make a list of key words.

WWW   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 09/13/08 at 18:58:28

Ebay searches work on the text you type.   I search all categories (it's the default from the "My Ebay"  summary page).

One thing that will help you find the stuff you missed is to look at the text in the item that you missed.  
Also, you can search the " subject line & the description" which will also look at the text inside the item.  BUT that can give tons of results.

It also helps to use the "OR" function.  And to limit the results you can use the "NOT' function.

The "OR" is the words inside parenthesis with comma's seperating them.   Example :"Suzuki (LS650, LS 650, S40, Savage)"  will have the results of  :  " Suzuki LS650" OR "Suzuki LS 650" ((note the space, that make two words not one... it's all about the text), OR "Suzuki S40" OR "Suzuki Savage"

The "NOT" function is a minus sign.  To remove the old Suzuki Savage 250,  use "-250" .  Multiple "NOT" 's need a space seperating the text  
Example: "-250 -1970 -1971 -1973 "  would remove the 250 (as in 250 cc), and the years 1970, 1971 and 1973.

Also remember, by default, the "EBay Stores" items will come after the Auction items.  

Hope it helps.......  just don't outbid me......  Wink

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #4 - 09/14/08 at 04:10:52

that makes sense. i'll try not to outbid you, but if i really want it look out Shocked

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 16:24:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › ebay? savage related

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.