Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Latest Mod: Instrument Panel for S40 (Read 355 times)
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re: Latest Mod: Instrument Panel for S40
Reply #15 - 09/14/08 at 08:13:34

A digital compass would be nice in that center spot.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #16 - 09/14/08 at 09:00:33

A digital compass is an interesting idea.  Didn't think of that because I have a GPS unit, but it would make sense and be easy to add.

I had another crazy idea today. As I was working out I thought it would be cool to have a heart rate monitor readout like on my Elliptical. Sort of the "Bwuhahhhahhah" meter.  I think that some of the cycle computers have that capability.  

I could see it like this :

RPM check: 5200 (OK)
Speedo:  91.3  mph (OK)
Oil Pressure: 12 psi (OK)
Voltage:  13.4  (Ok)
Bwuhaha:  143 beats per minute (Perfect!) Cool

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #17 - 09/14/08 at 09:51:44

forrest wrote on 09/14/08 at 05:36:03:
EssForty, don't take me wrong on this (I believe a biker should be able to do what the wants to his bike).  But I do find it ironic your are doing this but your quote under your avatar is "KISS Keep it Savage Simple.  Wink

That's a fair comment.  Smiley

I'm not offended and there *is* an ironic twist depending on how you read the tagline.  My message isn't "Keep your Savage Simple", which might suggest keeping it bone stock. By saying "Keep it Savage Simple" I'm complimenting the simple design of our bike, versus 6 cylinder Gold Wings with complex mechanical and electrical systems, etc.  

There's simple and simplistic, the latter being a solution that does not meet all of the requirements for the user.  I love the bike, but the stock instrumentation was simplistic and poorly positioned to suit this user. I probably do not need the tach, but it was really handy during the breakin period. Now that I have the oil pressure & voltage readouts I would not give them up. It's a real piece of mind feature that I am glad I added.

Anyway, I appreciate the comment and I can see your point. Now I have to go out and finish the installation of the shaft drive and Nitrous Oxide system on my Savage to finalize the minor tweaks  Grin Grin Grin

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #18 - 09/14/08 at 10:17:09

Cheesy

Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?
  IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #19 - 09/14/08 at 10:27:53

Was that for the NOx comment or my modified slogan....Keep it "sorta" simple?  Smiley

IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #20 - 09/14/08 at 10:45:49

All of the above...and not for taking it seriously.  I'm just suprised this thread hasn't been hijacked into another political thread.

IP Logged
wrenchbender

wild side of the Great Lk
Reply #21 - 09/14/08 at 10:53:42

How come there isn't an ashtray, toll change dispenser, and cup holder intergrated into it?

IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #22 - 09/14/08 at 11:38:26

forrest wrote on 09/14/08 at 10:45:49:
All of the above...and not for taking it seriously.  I'm just suprised this thread hasn't been hijacked into another political thread.

Actually, I do honestly appreciate the feedback and take it seriously. I just also have a good sense of humor and have no problem laughing at myself.  

Perhaps I can help the political threadjackers by adding that my original plan was to keep it savage simple, but somehow I found myself hoping for change. Real, hopeful change, the sort of change that makes the bike run better in the future than it ran in the past. I was raised in a single cylinder parent family, a mixture of Norton and Triumph parts. It wasn't easy.  

I voted for the oil pressure gauge because I was afraid of the "surge" of "big oil" , Haliburton oil. Exxon Valdez oil.  First I voted against the oil gauge. Then for it. I wanted to drill a hole in the crankcase to install my oil sender, but I did not think I could drill my way to more oil in less than 7 years (my bits are pretty dull). Then again, doing nothing was not a good plan either.

I started thinking the bike was my property and I should be able to do what I want with it. But then again, what about the common good I thought? Why should I have two speedometers when some poor guy only has one? Or maybe even no speedometer. A speedometer should be a right, not a privilege. Why is it that the government can hand out speeding tickets but not provide the poor with speedometers so they can avoid tickets? It seems that the government is getting pretty selective about what sort of needs it will fulfill by wealth redistribution.

OK.. that should give the search engine enough to work with for now. Smiley

IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #23 - 09/14/08 at 11:44:08

wrenchbender wrote on 09/14/08 at 10:53:42:
How come there isn't an ashtray, toll change dispenser, and cup holder intergrated into it?

The ashtray is just below the petcock where it belongs.  Grin The beer can holders are on my helmet, port & starboard for balance.  I  do have an electronic toll paying gizmo that I can sit on top the box when I drive to Orlando where there are tolls everywhere, so no change is needed.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #24 - 09/14/08 at 11:46:33

why gps i melborne fl?? cant go too far east lilfarther west and south long way north till you hit georgia (sure wouldnt want to get lost there)

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #25 - 09/14/08 at 12:21:53

You nailed it. My fear is heading north into Georgia when all the sudden I make a wrong turn and hear that infernal banjo music and then someone is telling me I have "real purdy lips".  soooooooeeeeeee....

Reminds me of that parody song, put to the music of Tom Petty's "The Waiting is the Hardest Part" that goes :

"Ned Beatty...had the hardest part....Ned Beatty... had the haaaardeeest part !"

IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #26 - 09/14/08 at 14:30:23

Ess, can I call you Ess?, I have to agree with your question about why the would the government allow unequal distribution of speedometers.   But not just our governement, but the Japanese and Suzuki.

In fact, I believe we should petition Palin (if she becomes VP) to impress the need to attack Japan.   After all, they did attack and occupy Alaska during WW2; see the general election thread.   And, wasn't it the Japanese who designed the very bike we ride without all of the same features other bikes have?

How can we stand by and allow this transgression by the Japanese to go unpunished. I want either war with Japan or the Japanese to pay me compensantion.

IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #27 - 09/14/08 at 14:58:57

Adjusting tin foil hat......picking up signals....

By any chance, have you ever called in to Coast to Coast AM with George Noory on talk radio?  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 09:51:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Latest Mod: Instrument Panel for S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.