Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
WHAT DO YOU USE IT FOR? (Read 555 times)
calalli
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: WHAT DO YOU USE IT FOR?
Reply #30 - 09/09/08 at 17:38:53

I started looking for a bike the first time I spent $100 on the weekly fillup for the truck. I had never even sat on a motorcycle. Happened upon a Savage and then started researching them, and found this site.  I bought an 01 with 2k miles and drive it 45 miles roundtrip whenever it is dry.  I figure I am saving 25 cents a mile in fuel costs, 10 -15 more in depreciation on the truck and making a killing in the fun quotient.

I try not to think about the costs for all the toys and accessories; and the medical costs from the separated shoulder on day 1  Embarrassed

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #31 - 09/09/08 at 23:12:03

What do I use it for? Just about everything! I go to work on it, about a 60 mile round trip. I go to the store, run errands, etc. The only thing I haven't done yet is take a long trip on it, but that's giong to change. Sorry, I will not take pictures. I'll be going to Lubbock, and frankly, noone should have to see that.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
steveohno
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lafayette, IN
Reply #32 - 09/14/08 at 16:24:13

A previous poster had mentioned wanting one once it really started hurting to fill up a truck. I have a F150 I have for work because I am a contractor, and it too was costing me a lot of money to fill up. I am originally from around Chicago, but I came down to W. Lafayette, IN to finish my bachelor's degree and to go visit family and friends costs me a hundred dollars round trip which led to far fewer visits.

I had wanted a motorcycle for years and finally just said I was going to buy one but I didn't want to spend a lot of money. I went to a local motor sports store around my house and I saw it and I thought it would be just perfect and bought it on the spot. This was not too long ago and I bought my S40/Savage brand new. I love the bike, and I love the community that surrounds this bike. The feeling you get after doing a custom modification that is not typically done because of the lack of aftermarket parts so exiting ones for and from other bikes must be modified is so satisfying. A Savage seems to be unique from other bikes because it truly is a bike you make your own because the customizations on each an every bike from every single owner on this page is more or less unique to that individual owner.

I have made a few mods to mine and every time I look at it I think, "That is MY bike"

IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #33 - 09/14/08 at 16:40:50

steveohno wrote on 09/14/08 at 16:24:13:
A previous poster had mentioned wanting one once it really started hurting to fill up a truck. I have a F150 I have for work because I am a contractor, and it too was costing me a lot of money to fill up. I am originally from around Chicago, but I came down to W. Lafayette, IN to finish my bachelor's degree and to go visit family and friends costs me a hundred dollars round trip which led to far fewer visits.

I had wanted a motorcycle for years and finally just said I was going to buy one but I didn't want to spend a lot of money. I went to a local motor sports store around my house and I saw it and I thought it would be just perfect and bought it on the spot. This was not too long ago and I bought my S40/Savage brand new. I love the bike, and I love the community that surrounds this bike. The feeling you get after doing a custom modification that is not typically done because of the lack of aftermarket parts so exiting ones for and from other bikes must be modified is so satisfying. A Savage seems to be unique from other bikes because it truly is a bike you make your own because the customizations on each an every bike from every single owner on this page is more or less unique to that individual owner.

I have made a few mods to mine and every time I look at it I think, "That is MY bike"

You've got some mean hills on the river side of W. Lafayette to deal with.

Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?
  IP Logged
steveohno
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lafayette, IN
Reply #34 - 09/14/08 at 20:29:09

Yea, some fun hills and good curvy roads and country roads, good mixture, makes you yearn for a more scenic place because its just a teaser. But taking it through Chicago is a rush

IP Logged
sidny4
YaBB Newbies

Thumping since May

Fargo, ND
Reply #35 - 09/15/08 at 12:57:33

This is my first motorcycle over 200cc. I bought it new in May from the dealership even though they kept trying to get me to buy a kawasaki vulcan 500. Now I commute almost every day (even sometimes in the rain, but that only happens if it starts raining after I'm already halfway to work) it is above freezing. I wish the summer wasn't ending, winters get pretty brutal here in Fargo and snow removal leaves something to be desired.

'08 Boulevard S40
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #36 - 09/15/08 at 13:05:16

got my bike for commuting... but enjoy rides too.  This weekend I'll be going on the longest ride on it (the PA Savage ride).  It will probably only be 300 hundred miles but will leave home at around 9 or 9:30 and go till 4 or so then anonther 45 minute ride home after we eat.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
SavageGirl17
YaBB Newbies

Never a"Good
Hair Day"
again. Helmet hair
ROCKS!!!

Reply #37 - 09/15/08 at 13:08:56

I always said I was going to get my motorcycle endorsement, and finally this past June I took the class and did it!  
Originally I planned to just ride on the weekends for fun, but that quickly went by the wayside when I bought my Savage.  Now I ride to work for fun-as much as possible!!! Unfortunately, its only about 35 miles round trip.  I gotta admit though, my lunch breaks are no longer spent eating in the lunch room with a book... I find any excuse to go out, even if it means skipping my lunch and eating quickly at my desk when I return.
I hate the days when its raining (I'm not hardcore) or I have too much stuff to carry (like a work picnic... I decided that it would be too hard to carry the crockpot of bakedbeans on my back!)  I think this winter it will be hard to be confined to my cage, but I try to make sure that i tell her I still love her even though there's a new love in my life!!! Kiss

race_chickie17   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 10:05:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › WHAT DO YOU USE IT FOR?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.