Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
WHAT DO YOU USE IT FOR? (Read 555 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: WHAT DO YOU USE IT FOR?
Reply #15 - 09/08/08 at 14:25:49

I was looking through a local pawn shop a couple of years ago when I passed this rather beat-up and forlorn looking motorcycle. I went to ask it why it was so depressed and it told me that it had been sitting there on the pawn shop floor for over two years and nobody seemed to want it.

I told it, “Well, let me look at you and see what we can do to fix that.” So it rolled out of the cluster of bicycles where I could take a better look at it. It proceeded to tell me that its previous owner was a moron: “Just look at what he did to my tank and foot pegs. He dang near destroyed me because he didn’t know how to ride.”

“Yes, I see that, but buck up son, those things can be fixed.”

“Yes, but the people here in this motorcycle hell won’t even blow the dust off of me every once in a while. My battery is dead, my carb is gunked up, and would you just look at my front tire. It hurts just to stay on it because I have no tread on it any more.”

“I feel for you buddy.” I said to it. “But that too can be fixed.”

“But only if someone would buy me who knows what they are doing.” At this point a small stream of fork oil began seeping down the right fork as it began to cry. “I’m sorry, but this two year old gas in my tank has been giving me digestion problems and no one seems to care about a poor old single cylinder Savage like me.”

I couldn’t take it any more. My heart went out to it and I immediately found an employee of the pawn shop with the intention of giving them a piece of my mind for neglecting this poor little guy, but instead I asked how much, and bought it.

As I loaded it up onto my truck, who thought it was about time I bought him a baby brother the stream of fork oil increased as the bike cried more but this time in happiness. Being careful not to hurt its poor abused tires any more than I had to I strapped it down and brought it home.

I immediately flushed out the gas tank and cleaned the carburetor. Replaced the battery with a brand new one and put on new tires front and rear.

“Aaahhh, that feels so good.” The bike said as I drained the oil and put in two quarts of fresh Quaker State 10w40. “Thank you so much.”

“You are very welcome, do you have a name?”

“My previous owner did not give me one.”

“Then I shall do so. I dub thee The FireLizard.”

“I like it, thank you.” I then straddled the newly dubbed FireLizard, turned the key and pressed the starter button. VVVRRRROOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!
To this day I have not regretted giving my heart to this remarkable motorcycle. The FireLizard has had it’s problems, but with time I have helped it solve them and I have rewarded it with certain modifications that are pleasing to us both. Such as a Road King tank, girder front end, homemade forward controls, ten inch mini apes, and front bullet turn signals.

We ride together practically every day, from just pleasure rides, to running errands, and when I am working, the FireLizard happily takes me to work and safely home again.

Before

Now

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Kirk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Atlanta, GA
Reply #16 - 09/08/08 at 14:53:15

I ride mine every blue moon to work which is 100 mile round trip. I ride at least twice a week for leisure especially when I work from home. I had the typical Romeo and Suziet story where we first met in a stealership and she had me. It was Love at first sit. Before I knew it I had her on the back of my truck taking her home with me. We have been head over handlebars in love with each other every since.

P.S. Very cool story YonuhAdisi

IP Logged
firetruckredbike
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 09/08/08 at 15:00:10

And here I thought it was just me, so in love with my bike.

You folks are the greatest!

P.S. - The other day I asked my husband, if you could only keep one, which would it be - the house (which we built special) or your bike - if you couldn't buy another bike?  We both agreed on the spot:  we'd keep the bikes.   Cheesy

Ride safe,
Amy

IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #18 - 09/08/08 at 17:45:46

i bought mine because it was a deal i couldn't pass up. i have been a lifelong motorcyclist, this is probably my 20th. i don't really like commuting on mine, at 4 in the morning the deer are pretty thick, and so is the fog (i have to ride along the ohio river) but i do commute on it when i can. rode today infact, i also saw alot more deer this morning and the fog wasnt too bad. the ride home is pretty good though, and always gives me something to look forward to. my bikes are pretty much just toys for me, but they get ridden as often as possible.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 09/08/08 at 18:06:13

One of the things I get a grin reading in here is when someone says
" I have owned over 20, or over 30, whatever, Over some tremendous number( to me, anyway, I wish I had owned 20 bikes over the years, how cool would that have been?) of bikes & they, after all those other bikes & all the chances to have a real favorite, they Like this 650. Hutch, who just doesnt come in any more, has had 37( Or thats the number that comes to mind, I Hope thats right) & of course, the Savage ranks very high on his personal opinion of" Best all round bike". Until I talked to him about the Kawasaki W 650 & he looked into it & bought one, the Savage was #1! I am buying his first one & he found another in better shape. I dont intend to let go of the Savage.
It's just too fun to ride.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #20 - 09/08/08 at 18:37:12

Bought mine when I started spending monday's wages to get the truck to work the other four days of the week.  Then I got hooked and started riding for the fun of it.

I have determined I'll ride it to work every day there isn't snow or ice on the roads, as long as it'll run when it gets really cold.  Right now I'm making an eighty-mile round trip.  Costs me about seven bucks instead of twenty five.

I just recently saved enough in gas money that the bike has paid for itself.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
ChicagoRider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Chicago suburbs
Reply #21 - 09/08/08 at 18:42:08

My 2007 s40 is my first bike, bought it for my daily 20mile round trip work commute.  Great gas milage, fun to ride, and saves wear and tear on my car.

I live in Chicagoland and will continue riding it to work until late October weather permitting.

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #22 - 09/08/08 at 19:57:33

It is my daily driver. I do a minimum of forty miles a day to work and back. Only problem I have is now that the wife has her license we fight over it. Cant wait for the tax man to show up with the money for another bike.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #23 - 09/08/08 at 20:05:02

I have had motorcycles for 36 years and never used one to go to work or shopping ,only for the fun so I don't save any money.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #24 - 09/08/08 at 22:09:56

newrider55 wrote on 09/08/08 at 12:17:38:
Ride my LS 25 miles rt to work and my wife does the same.  She talked me into getting one then we had to have another.  Never knew I was missing so much fun..we ride about everywhere we can rain or shine..unless we have the grand kids...they are too small I would be afraid they would not hang on.

Tony

I read recently that there are two things a wife will never say to her husband.
(1 ) Honey why don't you go out and buy a motor cycle.
(2) Honey I think you should drink a little more.
I guess there is only one thing now.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
sockmonkeygirl
Serious Thumper

37 Stitches

W.Mass
Reply #25 - 09/09/08 at 05:45:35

I ride my bike to work, daytrips, vacation, errands..she likes to be used.  I can accommodate that.  Smiley

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #26 - 09/09/08 at 06:02:04

Justin= I hope all is well with Hutch.  As I recall, he has a Royal Enfield Interceptor, a bike I tried to buy 30 years ago but couldn't find one. Tongue
Sam Avellino in Revere (Mass) was the local and he couldn't get one for 3 months..and at 20 in June, I just couuldn't get with that plan.  say hi for me next time you talk.

IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #27 - 09/09/08 at 09:19:19

Ride it to work everyday regardless of the weather.  Odd, I don't get to go play on it during the weekends......bummer.

Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 09/09/08 at 09:54:52

most miles are racked up commuting, with a few errands, and not nearly enough mental health adjustments.....

IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #29 - 09/09/08 at 10:58:01

I use mine for to-and-from work on any day it's above 35 and not raining.  That's good for about 35 miles a day.

I don't get near enough mental health rides.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 10:40:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › WHAT DO YOU USE IT FOR?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.