Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Re: peg
Reply #15 - 09/07/08 at 16:59:44

Oldfeller, you just placed into perspective something that has completely wrecked my day.  I am old enough to be Just Learning's dad.  I heard a song from my highschool days on the radio Friday.  

It was playing on an "oldies" station. Angry Angry Angry

dis blose

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #16 - 09/07/08 at 17:09:42

Here is a link to BikeBandit.com (a good place to get parts fairly cheaply)
I didn't know the year model of your bike, so this is for a 2002 model.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/suzuki-motorcycle-ls650pk2-savag...

You can look here for part numbers and prices, then you can switch to the right year model to order the exact correct parts.

Warning: huge image pasted into thread, sorry guys.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Just learning
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 09/07/08 at 17:27:48

my bac one wront work cuz it is a rivite

IP Logged
Just learning
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 09/07/08 at 17:31:07

Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 09/07/08 at 16:59:44:
Oldfeller, you just placed into perspective something that has completely wrecked my day.  I am old enough to be Just Learning's dad.  I heard a song from my highschool days on the radio Friday.  

dis blose

hey now dont go insulting me just because i am a 15 year old man does not mean i cant read  Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #19 - 09/07/08 at 17:36:05

Just learning wrote on 09/07/08 at 17:31:07:

dis blose

hey now dont go insulting me just because i am a 15 year old man does not mean i cant read  Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh

You'll get used to it Just learning, a bunch of us like giving each other a hard time. It's all in fun with no insult intended.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Reply #20 - 09/08/08 at 08:38:15

Just learning wrote on 09/07/08 at 17:31:07:

dis blose

You can probably read, but you don't know how to write...

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
Mattdw

Frisco, TX
Reply #21 - 09/09/08 at 13:33:52

A 15 year old 'man'? Isn't that like a 10 year old 'baby'?  Smiley

IP Logged
Just learning
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 09/09/08 at 16:58:08

Mattdw wrote on 09/09/08 at 13:33:52:

you know what i would never call u a old fart so dont go inslating me or i will!!!!!   Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #23 - 09/09/08 at 17:38:27

Just learning,Don't pay much attention to what some of these guys say,Its only a few of them that are like that.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
MickeyX
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 09/09/08 at 20:58:30

Hey Just learning... if you snapped the inside where the rubber surrounds, it is the same part no matter what year you have. It will be tough to find one used. Believe me, I looked for months. I ended up just buying aftermarket ones that were cheaper than the originals and a lot cooler. If you buy one from bike bandit, make sure you get the correct side you need. Bike bandit is fast on shipping. You should be able to remove the rear and put it on in the meantime if you need it. It isn't pretty but it does work. just take it off at the spot where it folds, not the whole thing.

Hope this helps. Good luck. These footpegs are unique to the Savage so you won't find replacements easily. Try ebay though. If you get it for under $40 for a good set, you are doing well.

Take care and ride safe.

IP Logged
Justinmkantor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Monterey, CA
Reply #25 - 09/09/08 at 21:35:12

I just had to do the same thing until I get new pegs. The back ones on my 87 work up front but are loose because there is no little lip on the end of the mounted part of the peg. Better than the 2 inches of bare metal that was left.

IP Logged
Mattdw

Frisco, TX
Reply #26 - 09/10/08 at 07:41:53

Just learning wrote on 09/09/08 at 16:58:08:
Mattdw wrote on 09/09/08 at 13:33:52:

you know what i would never call u a old fart so dont go inslating me or i will!!!!!   Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

There's a reason for the  Smiley at the end of my post. All in jest my friend.
I think if you are 15, it's great that you have the love for the road and are starting early.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #27 - 09/11/08 at 14:04:16

Hey, I am an old fart & durn proud of it too.   T'ain't no insult at all, believe me.  Alternative is much worse (a dead fart).  

Nothing smells worse than a dead old fart ....

However, I can remember being young and NOT wanting to be treated like a kid anymore, so yeah, I sympathize.

Hope to get to be an older fart, but I keep going up to the mountains and tempting them siren embankments .... one is going to get confused by the full face helmet one of these days and sing me on in even if I ain't all that pretty like Ed L.

Always ride with somebody prettier than you are -- that's a safe philosophy for us old farts.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Kirk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Atlanta, GA
Reply #28 - 09/11/08 at 14:34:48

[quote author=092A2220232A2A2334460 link=1220768813/15#27 date=1221167056]Hey, I am an old fart & durn proud of it too.   T'ain't no insult at all, believe me.  Alternative is much worse (a dead fart).  

Nothing smells worse than a dead old fart ....

Now that is hillarious!!! Grin Grin Grin Thanks for making my day with that post Oldfeller. Sometimes you guys really crack me up. Grin

IP Logged
Just learning
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 09/12/08 at 14:59:19

bill67 wrote on 09/09/08 at 17:38:27:
  Just learning,Don't pay much attention to what some of these guys say,Its only a few of them that are like that.

i know i just like 2 screw wit them u know wt i mean

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 11:15:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › peg

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.