Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need both fuses to start the Savage? (Read 68 times)
Mattdw

Frisco, TX
Need both fuses to start the Savage?
09/05/08 at 08:09:19

Hey all,

Had a little adventure this morning with a blown fuse and the bike would not start. Moved the good fuse to the bad one's location (didn't have a replacement on me, DUH). The bike still wouldn't start. Fortunately, a auto repair shop was only 1/2 mile away and they gave me a ride back.

Just so I'm sure I was really stuck, can the bike be 'bump' started with blown fuses? Is it right that BOTH are necessary just to get the bike started with no lights.

If that's true...uh...yuck, but, that's life

IP Logged
ChrisSavage
YaBB Newbies

Lazy Bones

Columbus, OH
Re: Need both fuses to start the Savage?
Reply #1 - 09/05/08 at 08:48:41

I'm not sure what exactly the bottom one deals with, but the top fuse works the ignition/light system (at the least). I know this from a recent problem with a still unfixed intermittent short. I'd assume you'd need both to run though...

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #2 - 09/05/08 at 09:12:05

You know.... I  downloaded that 71 meg Clymer manual and find it real handy at times like this.

So,  one fuse runs the ign/lights/etc...etc the other is the decompress solenoid controller....   so..... yes you need both fuses to start the bike.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Mattdw

Frisco, TX
Reply #3 - 09/05/08 at 09:14:04

T Mack 1 - FSO wrote on 09/05/08 at 09:12:05:
You know.... I  downloaded that 71 meg Clymer manual and find it real handy at times like this.

So,  one fuse runs the ign/lights/etc...etc the other is the decompress solenoid controller....   so..... yes you need both fuses to start the bike.  

Ahh...that implies that if the second is for the decomp solenoid, then in theory, the bike can be 'bump' started with the one fuse that controls the ign/lights.
Sounds like a test is in order  Smiley

IP Logged
ChrisSavage
YaBB Newbies

Lazy Bones

Columbus, OH
Reply #4 - 09/05/08 at 09:53:16

You know, there might've been a reason why it blew in the first place...  Tongue

Also, isn't there still a clymer's floating on this site? I downloaded a pdf one about a week ago.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #5 - 09/05/08 at 10:45:26

ChrisSavage wrote on 09/05/08 at 09:53:16:
You know, there might've been a reason why it blew in the first place...  Tongue

Also, isn't there still a clymer's floating on this site? I downloaded a pdf one about a week ago.

Here's the main page to the site that has it.  go to Suzuki then scroll down to the LS650

http://www.manualz.info/Manuals_pdf/

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Mattdw

Frisco, TX
Reply #6 - 09/05/08 at 11:31:32

ChrisSavage wrote on 09/05/08 at 09:53:16:

Clearly there's a problem. I'll be doing a full wiring inspection and securing this weekend. Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:26:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need both fuses to start the Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.