Send Topic Print
3 tech questions (Read 186 times)
jimbonerz28
YaBB Newbies

Wooo Hoooo!!!

Texas
3 tech questions
09/04/08 at 20:34:39

#1. There is a hose nipple on the top of the head on the RIGHT side of the engine. Pic below shows location (red arrow). What is it?

#2. There is a cable coming from the top of the head on the LEFT side. Pic below shows location (red arrow). Can be seen in the  above pic also. What is it and what does it do?

#3. There is a wire coming from the engine case on the RIGHT side around the clutch cable lever area. Pics shows approx. location. What is it for? Neutral light? Oil light?

Any help is much appreciated.

2k6 S40 Bobber
86 Savage Chopper
97 Ducati Monster M900
73 CB125S (future cafe racer)
2k3 Predator Quad
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: 3 tech questions
Reply #1 - 09/04/08 at 20:39:23

Crankcase breather, usually connected to air box which you don't have.  w/o air box they stick a filter on there.

Decompression lever, usually solenoid operated.

Neutral switch

I guess you bought #13?  It wasn't in running condition?

WWW   IP Logged
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Reply #2 - 09/04/08 at 20:50:22

Would like to see pics of this entire bike...looks interesting. Roll Eyes

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Reply #3 - 09/04/08 at 20:52:22

Nevermind, I found the pics on the other thread...

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
jimbonerz28
YaBB Newbies

Wooo Hoooo!!!

Texas
Reply #4 - 09/04/08 at 22:04:19

verslagen1 wrote on 09/04/08 at 20:39:23:
Crankcase breather, usually connected to air box which you don't have.  w/o air box they stick a filter on there.

Neutral switch

I guess you bought #13?  It wasn't in running condition?

No it runs, just need tuning. With the open exhaust and air filter it is way lean.
It has some issues I need to work out but nothing a little elbow grease and ingenuity wont take care of and maybe some southern engineering. Grin

I will run a hose to the air filter plate and connect for PCV.

Decompression lever, ok, I understand what its for, I need to ride it more to see if it has a hot start issue.

Neutral switch, don't need it unless I do something stupid. Pull the clutch dip nuts.

OK one more. There is a threaded bung on top of the engine case right side. I am thinking speedo cable but not sure.

and
THANK YOU!!! Cool  verslagen1 I really appreciate the help.

2k6 S40 Bobber
86 Savage Chopper
97 Ducati Monster M900
73 CB125S (future cafe racer)
2k3 Predator Quad
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 09/04/08 at 22:35:53

jimbonerz28 wrote on 09/04/08 at 22:04:19:
OK one more. There is a threaded bung on top of the engine case right side. I am thinking speedo cable but not sure.

Right side to the rear, just above useless neutral light switch wires?  yep speedo cable.

WWW   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #6 - 09/05/08 at 03:05:50

jimbonerz28 wrote on 09/04/08 at 22:04:19:
verslagen1 wrote on 09/04/08 at 20:39:23:

Decompression lever, ok, I understand what its for, I need to ride it more to see if it has a hot start issue.

For the life of the starter and the aluminum engine case, you need to use the decompression linkage.  Suggestion,  many enduro kickstart only bikes (like Yamaha XT550) have a thumb lever on the left handle bar.  That would look better than a little pull knob.....

Also,  plug the clear rubber hose before you tune it.  That is used to run the vacuum operated fuel shutoff on the OEM petcock.    Open vacuum port will make it run poor....

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
motokid
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/05/08 at 06:03:01

Hi,

I believe that in non CA models, the hose from 1) just goes down the frame and has a plug at the end that should be periodically opened.

What did you use to wrap up the exhaust tube?

k

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 09/05/08 at 09:02:33

motokid wrote on 09/05/08 at 06:03:01:
I believe that in non CA models, the hose from 1) just goes down the frame and has a plug at the end that should be periodically opened.

I beleave in all models the breather tube connects with the air box and a sepparate hose from the air box acts as a drain and the 2 are not directly connected.

WWW   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #9 - 09/05/08 at 09:07:32

verslagen1 wrote on 09/05/08 at 09:02:33:
motokid wrote on 09/05/08 at 06:03:01:

I beleave in all models the breather tube connects with the air box and a sepparate hose from the air box acts as a drain and the 2 are not directly connected.

My PA bike has beather tube going to the Airbox...... and condesate drin out the bottom....

If I rememebr correctly,   CA models do something with carb vents and the gas tank.  ((to the cansiter??))

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 09/06/08 at 09:23:48

T Mack 1 - FSO wrote on 09/05/08 at 09:07:32:
My PA bike has beather tube going to the Airbox...... and condesate drain out the bottom....

If I rememebr correctly,   CA models do something with carb vents and the gas tank.  ((to the cansiter??))

Yep CA models have a canister underneath right in front of the rear wheel.  Connected to a gas tank vent and a vac port in the carb.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:16:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 3 tech questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.