Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bobber and Chopper pics (Read 175 times)
jimbonerz28
YaBB Newbies

Wooo Hoooo!!!

Texas
Bobber and Chopper pics
09/04/08 at 19:29:31

Here are some pics of my 06 Bobber I am about finished. Still need 150 tire and a few odds and ends.

Also some pics of a Chopper I got from a member here (Meiworld) and have plans for. 150 rear tire, 21" front wheel, nickel plated frame, new paint, new battery box, etc. I am thinking of going Rat Chopper maybe with red frame, flat black tins, rusty chrome parts, old school style. What do ya think?

2k6 S40 Bobber
86 Savage Chopper
97 Ducati Monster M900
73 CB125S (future cafe racer)
2k3 Predator Quad
  IP Logged
strangeling

Ex Savage Rider but
always a SAVAGE

Salt Lake City UTAH
Re: Bobber and Chopper pics
Reply #1 - 09/04/08 at 20:31:37

Sweet "Rat Fink" bob job bro.  Shocked
What did you use for the rear fender and how did you mount it ?
And nice hypercharger  Wink

Its up to you what you do on the chopper but for me it looks pretty freakin sweet right now, but I understand that you would want to put your mark on it and make it your own and your ideas for it sound pretty cool as well.

Lookin forward to see what you do to it.

07 S40 Brat BOBBER - Hard Krome drag pipe, header wrap, Cone filter, jetted , harley drag bars, solo seat, chain conversion, seeger forward controls, custom rear fender, fork gaiters.
  IP Logged
Mr 650
Serious Thumper

The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Reply #2 - 09/04/08 at 21:13:17

I likes em both.
So how do you pick one to ride?

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
jimbonerz28
YaBB Newbies

Wooo Hoooo!!!

Texas
Reply #3 - 09/04/08 at 21:35:43

strangeling wrote on 09/04/08 at 20:31:37:
Sweet "Rat Fink" bob job bro.  Shocked
What did you use for the rear fender and how did you mount it ?
And nice hypercharger  Wink

The rear fender is a front  fender from a 81 cb750f, its plastic. I mounted it with a tab welded to the swingarm and I used the cb750f mount and modded it to use as a rear loop mount. It fits right on the tire but doesn't rub, it moves with the swingarm. The hypercharger is an old school copper scoop I found at a swap meet. It is functional, it has a 2" piece of muffler pipe running into the air box before the filter. I need to re jet it, at speed it will lean out a little.

I have a friend who works at a nickel plating shop and he is gonna hook me up on the frame. I am gonna get some more spider webs form my local waterjet co. to put on the rear frame thats up in the air.
I cant decide to go show stopper or rat bike.  Undecided   Undecided

2k6 S40 Bobber
86 Savage Chopper
97 Ducati Monster M900
2k3 Predator Quad
  IP Logged
jimbonerz28
YaBB Newbies

Wooo Hoooo!!!

Texas
Reply #4 - 09/04/08 at 21:39:35

Mr 650 wrote on 09/04/08 at 21:13:17:
I likes em both.
So how do you pick one to ride?

Well the wife is gonna ride the bobber, I was looking for a larger bike to build another bobber for myself (wanted a shadow 1100 ACE) but when I spotted the chopper on the craigslist I could pass it up.

2k6 S40 Bobber
86 Savage Chopper
97 Ducati Monster M900
2k3 Predator Quad
  IP Logged
dropoutjohn
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/04/08 at 23:20:34

nice work on the rear fender! that is a very creative bit of parts swapping sir. and the head light looks good up high too!

IP Logged
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reply #6 - 09/04/08 at 23:45:31

Sweet lookin ride! The "scenery" in some of those pics remiinds me of my hometown of Lubbock. Any chance you're out that way?

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
SavageGreaseMonkey13
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/05/08 at 16:04:23

if im not mistaken there is an engine mount on the top of the motor in the center of the head. it looks like your chopper doesnt have one. you might look into welding one on to the frame before you have it nickel plated. oh and those bars are just a little bit too much. kinda ugly in my opinion. but whatever floats your boat i guess. the rest of it and the other bike look good though. keep us updated on the progress.

IP Logged
jimbonerz28
YaBB Newbies

Wooo Hoooo!!!

Texas
Reply #8 - 09/05/08 at 16:34:15

Jay wrote on 09/04/08 at 23:45:31:
Sweet lookin ride! The "scenery" in some of those pics remiinds me of my hometown of Lubbock. Any chance you're out that way?

Thats right dude but I am 120 miles farther south in Midland. Its not a nice place to visit and I wish I didnt live there but the money is good with 3+ dollar gas.

2k6 S40 Bobber
86 Savage Chopper
97 Ducati Monster M900
2k3 Predator Quad
  IP Logged
jimbonerz28
YaBB Newbies

Wooo Hoooo!!!

Texas
Reply #9 - 09/05/08 at 16:40:09

oiramagev wrote on 09/05/08 at 16:04:23:
if im not mistaken there is an engine mount on the top of the motor in the center of the head. it looks like your chopper doesnt have one. you might look into welding one on to the frame before you have it nickel plated. oh and those bars are just a little bit too much. kinda ugly in my opinion. but whatever floats your boat i guess. the rest of it and the other bike look good though. keep us updated on the progress.

The pics are from the day I got the bike. There is some stuff I am gonna change, just have to decide what direction I want. I have some issues with a some other stuff right now that must be fixed first. I will post when changes are made. Thanks for the compliments.

2k6 S40 Bobber
86 Savage Chopper
97 Ducati Monster M900
2k3 Predator Quad
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #10 - 09/05/08 at 16:45:41

i liked the bobber kinda has a thumper look to it.  i love the04 purple

i don't like the front view of the bobber, the light takes away from the natural lines.
i like the mirror but i'd rip it off the first time i went to park/  my bars just clear when i pass between the two cages and house.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 04:26:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bobber and Chopper pics

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.