Send Topic Print
Starting up problem. (Read 41 times)
toxiced
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Starting up problem.
09/04/08 at 08:26:01

My 2007 S40 will not start up and I am not sure what the problem is.  Out of the blue, tried to start the bike, pushed the starter button all I get is a click and a knock but the starter does not turn.   The Headlight, green light and break light is working, so maybe not the battery.  What should I do?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

IP Logged
motokid
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Starting up problem.
Reply #1 - 09/04/08 at 08:29:17

toxiced wrote on 09/04/08 at 08:26:01:
My 2007 S40 will not start up and I am not sure what the problem is.  Out of the blue, tried to start the bike, pushed the starter button all I get is a click and a knock but the starter does not turn.   The Headlight, green light and break light is working, so maybe not the battery.  What should I do?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

maybe just an unfortunate teething between the starter and crank shaft. try pushing the bike in gear just a little bit. Otherwise, probably weak battery or starter teething mechanism (bendix)

K

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Re: Starting up problem.
Reply #2 - 09/04/08 at 11:15:58

Doubtful if it is a teeth meshing concern as they are constant mesh with a one way clutch on the cylinder side of the flywheel. If it clicks, start looking for a loose or corroded battery + and - cable termination, or other electrical connections, switches. Look at the wiring diagram at the safety switches on the starter solenoid control circuit and see if one of them looses it connection when voltage is applied and current flows. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 04:19:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Starting up problem.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.