Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What flavor footpegs? (Read 137 times)
Rock_Steady
YaBB Newbies

Get off my lawn!

What flavor footpegs?
09/03/08 at 10:52:20

Can anyone recommend some good footpegs that are semi-inexpensive and look good?  Oh, and if they fit that would work great.  Between my wife and I learning on this bike, we have done some damage - me more than her - and I'm worried that bending the left one back into shape will do more harm than good.

--Rock

Good....Bad....I'm the one with the gun.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: What flavor footpegs?
Reply #1 - 09/03/08 at 13:14:37

I've been getting the round "O" ring foot pegs made for a Harley from JC Whitney and drilling out the mounting holes to fit the bolt on my Savage. I think they are made by MotoAsia but who cares, they work. Some riders think that there is too much vibration coming thru the solid pegs but it hasn't bothered me. I haven't found any padded or cushioned pegs for cheap yet, when I do I might change over.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
MickeyX
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/03/08 at 20:26:54

I just bought some from dollar rider. They are the Kuryakyn large ISO pegs. I had to get the adaptor to put on them too. The adaptor end is a male end that has an adjustable pin to make them sit straight instead of sagging which most other pegs will do because they don't have the little tab on the end.
All together, it was $50 (with shipping) for the set. They ship the next day so it is only taking 3 days to get them in. They are running a sale right now too.

Good luck finding some you like. The adaptor will fit any Kuryakyn pegs so you can't lose.

IP Logged
blacksheep23

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/07/08 at 14:51:46

MickeyX wrote on 09/03/08 at 20:26:54:
I just bought some from dollar rider. They are the Kuryakyn large ISO pegs. I had to get the adaptor to put on them too. The adaptor end is a male end that has an adjustable pin to make them sit straight instead of sagging which most other pegs will do because they don't have the little tab on the end.
All together, it was $50 (with shipping) for the set. They ship the next day so it is only taking 3 days to get them in. They are running a sale right now too.

Good luck finding some you like. The adaptor will fit any Kuryakyn pegs so you can't lose.

what's the part # of the adapter?

IP Logged
EssForty

Sunshine, Surf &
Suzuki

Melbourne, FL
Reply #4 - 09/07/08 at 18:15:32

I believe this is the one you are looking for. P/N KY8008-A.

http://www.dollarrider.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=0&Category_ID=54&manufacturer_...

It has the adjustable set screw mentioned in the prior post.

06 S40, Deuce shield, OEM saddlebags & Engine Guard, ENM tach, Sigma 1106 Speedo, oil pressure & voltage gauges, grip puppies, Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors, ISO pegs & throttle boss
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 08:39:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What flavor footpegs?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.