Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
anyone going to the suzuki owners  club rally this (Read 326 times)
Bear_Rider

Re: anyone going to the suzuki owners  club rally
Reply #15 - 11/17/08 at 16:44:23

Chong Kim wrote on 11/16/08 at 07:04:29:
It would be nice to attend a rally without a bunch of drunk Harley riders and Bandidos to avoid. Ashville is a beautiful place but 1600 miles in the cold is too far for me! I'd love to attend one that is a bit closer. (Quite a bit!) Here's my biker gang in the Valle Grande of New Mexico, by the way. We have as many curves out here as the Dragon, and more curves than a wet t-shirt contest at Sturgis.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii194/dobypilgrim/l_ce9121e6a58f3331cc7dd0...

Man does that picture bring back memories. I lived just down the road toward Jemez Springs and commuted through there daily, some thirty years back. I knew where the picture was taken before I read the text.

My neighbor and I once hauled a motorcyclist to the hospital one late fall night. He made the mistake of trying to ride from Jemez Springs back to Los Alamos after dark, clad only in a levi jacket and light gloves. When we found him, he was suffering from hypothermia. We hauled him in, and they thawed him out.

People just don't realise how fast the temperature drops around there. We use to lose a hunter or two every fall for the same reason. They just don't understand that where you're standing it's about 9000 feet above sea level.

IP Logged
Chong Kim
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SantaFe, NM
Re: anyone going to the suzuki owners  club rally
Reply #16 - 11/17/08 at 20:46:09

I love that ride, and do it as often as possible. There are few places in the US any more beautiful than the Valle Grande...Yep, it gets cold fast here. It was 72 degrees at 2pm today. Unusually warm. By 4:00 it was about 65. Within an hour it was down to 50, and when the sun went down it was probably 46 in 15 minutes. Not unusual to see a 30-35 degree swing in temps.

When I first started riding I made the mistake of dressing for current conditions instead of the projected ones. It was 75 when I left for the Taos on the High Road. We stopped in a restaurant and got engrossed in a football game. (Tennessee vs LSU - LSU won.) By the time I got back home at about 8:00 it was 37 degrees and falling. I thought I was going to freeze.

That's November in New Mexico!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:22:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › anyone going to the suzuki owners  club rally this

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.