Kuryakyn Hypercharger (Read 143 times)
Kirk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Atlanta, GA
Kuryakyn Hypercharger
09/02/08 at 13:18:52

Hey gang,
              Just wanted to see if anyone has mounted or ever attempted to mount one of these Kuryakyn Hypercharger beauties to our bikes? I found this online at http://www.cruisercustomizing.com
I was thinking of buying it and adding it to my bike but wasnt sure how much wrenching would be involved or if its even worh it. Any feedback from you pros or anyone that knows is appreciated. Smiley

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Kuryakyn Hypercharger
Reply #1 - 09/02/08 at 16:52:19

if just for looks("beauty") buy the dummy and mount it..
imo the jury is still out on "ram air" type intakes..
there is a post here where some one used a P trap from a sink drain and fabbed a pseudo ram air intake...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 09/03/08 at 05:33:16

A lot of work is done by people hunting performance in the exhaust, but it seems few really consider the intake. I havent done a lot of homework on it, but what little I did has me thinking that the engine will breathe easier if there is at least the volume of the cylinder between the air filter & the intake valves. I think if you are looking for performance, the first stop is a Supertrapp & easier breathing airfilter. If I hadnt already spent the $$ for the K&N, I would do OldFellers  airfilter mod. I did modify the airbox to increase the volume a bit, by epoxying a piece of plasic across the recess in the bottom of the air intake side of the filter & drilling holes thru the box to connect that area with the carb side of the filter, then closing the holes I caused in the exterior of the box, I guess I got about a 50 CC increase in volume, maybe more. If I ever get real serious about it, Ill try to find a way to increase the volume between carb & air filter a bit more.
The Hypercharger LOOKS good, but for that kinda $$, there's performance to be had that I believe will far surpass the results of ramming air in it. Obviously, thats just my opinion, but before I spent the $$ for a pretty one, I'd test the concept by building something that would cram air in at speed, regardless of how ugly it might be, & go test it. $300.00 is a load of $$( again, just my opinion) & I'd sure hate to spend that & find out I had a new pretty part on it & no real performance increase.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kirk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Atlanta, GA
Reply #3 - 09/03/08 at 06:07:06

Thanks for the insight gentlemen I will hold off on buying it at least for now but I may try converting my stock muffler for the Supertrapp and doing the carb kit. But that will be a little later on I suppose. Again thanks for the wisdom.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 01:52:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Kuryakyn Hypercharger

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.